No. 33

Aki's p.o.v
I sat in the chair next to Fushiguro's hospital bed while he woke up from a nap.

His wounds were steadily getting better, and he was able to move a lot more.

He looked over at me and I spoke.

"Are you able to meet with Makima tomorrow? I think I'll be okay to visit her today Aki. Most of my wounds are completely healed. I also don't want her waiting a long time."

I nodded and stood up, I turned towards the door and it slid open and I was face to face with Itadori.

"Sorry Aki! I didn't see you there! You're fine, you two can chat for a little bit. Thanks."

I nodded and walked out the door.

Before I shut it I looked back in and spoke to both of them.

"Be ready before 2:00 p.m we're meeting with Makima at 2:30 p.m. I'm also bringing Power and Denji."

They nodded and I headed out and then went outside.

Angel was waiting outside for me and we started to walk away.

"Are you meeting with Makima today? Yes. Why are you meeting with her? She wants to meet the new people and learn about what happened in their world. Nothing big. You're free to come along. I don't want to. I don't like her."

I nodded and popped out a cigarette and lit the end up and smoked it

After awhile I walked to the apartment and saw Power playing with Meowy in the living area.

"Power you're tagging along with me to go see Makima so get ready. What?!"

She whined as she sprawled out on the floor.

"What time? 2:30 and it's 1:30 so hurry up. That's in an hour Aki, I'll get ready at 2:00. That's when I'm picking up Fushiguro and the others."

She groaned, and got up.

She got in her uniform and when it was around 1:45 we went back to the hospital.

Denji was at the vending machine with Itadori and Fushiguro.

"Let's go."

I walked us to Makima's office and got there a couple minutes early.

I knocked on the door and she let us in.

She smiled at all of us and looked at all the new people.

"I'm Makima the head of Division 4 of Devil Hunters. I usually send everybody in my division to kill devils."

She pushed the chair back and stood up.

"Right now, our goal is to kill the gun devil. We've been collecting pieces from killing the devils that had consumed pieces of them."

She looked over at Denji and then kept speaking.

"Now you 2 new people, do you have experience fighting?"

They both nodded and she smiled.

"Good, for the time being you are now under division 4, which means I'm watching over you. I've made up my mind, and Aki will let two of you live with him along with Power and Denji. You'll both have to fight devils along side with division 4. Protect Denji's heart and make sure that no devil or human gets it."

She took a small breath and spoke.

"About this matter, the vacation to Enoshima that I mentioned to you and the others was just an act. For now it'll be postponed until all of this is over. Assassins all around the world will be after your heart Denji. So think of yourself not being able to have freedom a long time."

I looked over at them and some of them had wide eyes.

"You are all free to go. Aki stay with me for a moment."

I nodded and the rest of them left.

She took a breath and then spoke to me.

"There's a lot of events happening but next year we will be confronting the fun Devil. You will be apart of that operation. So do not die before then."

I nodded and she dismissed me.

Angel wanted me to eat supper with him and I did.

The both of us sat at a small table in a restaurant and he started talking.

"I'm assuming that you already know this but devils never die. It doesn't matter if their whole body as burnt to ashes, as long as people still fear it's name, it will be revived. The thing is they don't get revived here, we're revived in hell. I'm not sure about all the details but some people say if a devil is killed in hell then they're revived here. Devils rotate from two different worlds."

I took it in and asked a question to Angel.

"You're here so do you have any memories when you were in hell? Do have any memories when you were inside of your mother's womb?"

I paused for a moment before speaking again.

"What're you getting at?"

Angel didn't talk for a moment and then spoke in a serious tone.

"Do not tell a single person about what I'm going to tell you. Do you understand?"

I nodded and opened his mouth to speak again.

"I've asked all the guys in special division if they remembered anything about hell, and none of them remember it. But there was one thing that they all heard right before they died."

He stopped talking for a second and then spoke once again.

"To my surprise everyone in the special division heard the same exact sound before they died. What was the sound. I've pulled the cord on chainsaw-kun's chest before. I've heard the roar of his engine. That's the exact sound as that."

I sat in silence, before finishing my food and leaving with him.

I went to my apartment and saw Fushiguro and Itadori sitting on the couch.

"Are to two the ones staying with us? Yeah, Panda and Inumaki said they would let us stay with you because we're more familiar with you two."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen.

Denji walked out of the bathroom and yawned.

"Are you going to make supper Aki? I'm already on it Denji? But I'm not having any. Why not? I already ate with Angel and we discussed some matters. Okay."

Fushiguro's P.o.v
I had an uneasy feeling about Makima after I met her earlier that day.

She gave off a weird vibe and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

She doesn't seem truthful. I don't trust her. She seems off.

When I entered Aki's apartment for the first time it was nice small cozy one.

I sat down on the couch and Itadori sat down next to me.

Denji was the one who let us in and he went to the bathroom.

When he closed the door a fat cat came walking in meowing.

She came up to us and rubbed our legs.

"That's a cute cat."

It hopped up on Itadori's lap and started to purr.

Denji came out and sat down on the floor in front of us.

"That was the first time that I've seen Makima in a while. She's as hot as I remembered."

So Denji has a crush on her. That's not surprising though.

A little bit later Denji went back to the bathroom and Aki came into the apartment.

He went into the kitchen and Denji asked if he was going to make anything for supper.

Aki replied with yes and then he sat down in front of us again.