Chapter 6

The next day I woke up to Kelly knocking on my bedroom door early morning. I groaned when she walked in but she placed a cup of coffee on the nightstand.

"Wake up I have amazing things to show you." She said and I groaned. She turned my tv on to celebrity gossip.

"In breaking news! After Chris Evans and Gemma Sky announced they were just friends last night breaking all of our hearts, it looks like something new is blooming for Gemma. She was spotted talking with Tom Hiddleston all night during the ceremony, dancing with him at the after party and then going home together. Can something be sparking between these two? We have reach out to their teams who have not yet commented." The reporter announced and I turned the tv off.

"Let me guess, it's all over the internet too?" I asked and she nodded handing me her phone and it was pictures of us dancing and then leaving. I sighed but also gave a small smile.

"You going to get on this?" Kelly asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know, if Tom does, I will." I said and she nodded and head out of the room. I grabbed the cup of coffee and sat in bed while scrolling through my own phone. I saw pictures of Chris leaving the party the night before....alone....which I found odd. I was scrolling through some more pictures and found the ones of Tom and I and smiled. We were having such a good time. As I was about to get out of bed when my phone rang with an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered unsure of who it was.

"So it looks like we caused quite a stir last night..." I heard the unmistakable accent ask and I instantly smiled.

"Seems that way Mr. Hiddleston." I said and I heard him chuckle.

"Well how about we cause more of a stir and we go out to lunch today?" Tom asked and I shook my head and giggled.

"Tom..." I started to say.

"Don't think Gemma, just say yes. You know you want to." Tom said and I sighed and laughed.

"Okay, yes." I said.

"Perfect, would you like to meet somewhere?" He asked.

"Sounds good. Where?" I asked.

"I'll text you a place. See you there around 11:30?" Tom asked and I looked at saw it was 9am.

"Yeah sounds good." I said.

"I look forward to seeing you. Maybe we can talk about what we are going to tell our teams as well." Tom said and we both laughed.

"I love that actually." I said and he laughed again.

"Oh that you love, but not meeting me for lunch?" Tom asked and I giggled.

"Well I haven't met you yet so I don't know if I love it or not." I said and he groaned but chuckled.
"You got a point." Tom said and I smiled.

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I said and hung up. I got out of bed and ran to Kelly who was in my living room.

"Okay, so I have a date....I think." I said and she looked at me oddly.

"You think?" She asked.

"Tom called when you left my room and he asked me out to lunch but he wont tell me where so I don't know what to wear." I said trying not to panic as the address come through my phone.

"This is where he is sending me." I said and Kelly smiled and nodded.

"I know where he is taking you but I'm not saying. Let's go pick you out an outfit. We want you cute, but not sloppy cute. Casual cute." She said and I groaned as we walked to my closet. As we were in my closet my phone went off with a facetime from Steve.

"Hey bro!" I said smiling.

"Hey, I am walking through the airport and I start to see reports of you with someone. What is going on?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"I don't have time to get into details but I met Tom Hiddleston last night and we hung out, danced and he took me home. Now I am getting ready to meet him for lunch." I said.

"You're what?" I heard a voice say and Chris appeared on the screen.

"Hi Chris. I going out to lunch with Tom, he asked me out." I said and Chris groaned.
"Gemma, I know we aren't close and you have no reason to trust me but be careful with Tom." Chris said and I looked at him confused.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and Chris groaned.

"Just be careful, you barely know the guy." Chris said and I sighed as Steve took his phone back.

"Listen, I am going to be in Boston for a week or so. Once I get back why don't we get together?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"I'll think about it. I don't need you scaring him off." I said and Steve shook his head.

"I love you." I said and Steve sighed.

"I love you too." Steve said.

"Both of you have a safe flight and give Scott a hug from me." I said and Steve nodded. We hung up and Kelly came out of my closet. She was holding a red ribbed knit short sleeved dress that hit a little above the knee, scoop neck and a 4 small button placket at the top. I smiled and went to the bathroom to shower and change. I put my hair into a ponytail and did some make up, Kelly handed me a pair of white keds tennis shoes and I looked at her oddly.

"Trust me. The dress is casual enough and you will want to be comfy." Kelly said and I smiled. I looked at the time and noticed it was 10:45. I looked up the direction where I was going and knew it would take time to get there.

"I look okay?" I asked and Kelly nodded.

"Perfect." Kelly said and handed me my small wallet purse and car keys. I smiled.

"What if we are seen out?" I asked grabbing my sunglasses from the dressers.

"Let it happen, you know you cant stop it." She said and I nodded. I headed out of the house and out to the destination. Once I pulled into the parking lot and parked the car I noticed we were at a park and I was confused. I sat in the car for a minute and noticed it was a few minutes early. I was about to text Tom until I looked at saw him sitting on a bench near where I parked, I smiled. He was wearing a green t-shirt and some blue jeans and plan shoes. I smiled at his casual appearance thankful for mine. I got out of the car and he saw me and smiled.

"Hey." I said and he hugged me as I approached.

"You look wonderful." Tom said and I smiled.

"Thank you. You look nice and casual." I said and he smiled.

"Yeah..." He seemed embarrassed.

"No it's good. I have only ever seen you in suits. I like this side of you." I said and he smiled.

"So do you know why we are here?" Tom asked and I shook my head.

"My assistant seemed excited when she saw the address but wouldn't tell me." I said and Tom laughed. He reached his hand out to me.

"Trust me?" Tom asked and I smiled.

"Oddly enough, yes." I said and he laughed as I took his hand. We started walking down the path of the park.

"So you know we may be spotted out together." Tom said and I nodded.

"I do." I said.

"You okay with that? Causing more of a stir?" Tom asked and I looked at him and even with his sunglasses on and mine as well I could see he was slightly concerned.

"Tom, look at me." I said stopping him from walking and he looked at me.

"I am perfectly fine being seen with you in whatever capacity this is." I said and he smiled.

"Perfect." Tom said and we continued walking. Once we reached out destination I laughed.

"Food trucks?" I asked and he smiled.

"You disappointed?" Tom asked and I shook my head.

"I love food trucks!" I said and he smiled.

"Well should we get started?" Tom asked and I nodded as we started looking around.