Chapter 11

A few weeks later I was sitting in the recording studio with Tom and all the other producers and mixers trying to figure out a duet.

"Okay so why would you guys say I would do this song and I don't have anyone to do it with?" I asked and Rick groaned.

"We had an idea but with you and Tom dating it doesn't send the right message. It's about being secret lovers." Rick said.

"I will still do it with her. Why can't we just try it?" Tom asked and I groaned.

"Wouldn't hurt to try." I said and we headed into the booth and once it was done we listened and we all hated it. As we were trying to figure it out Steve, Scott and Chris all came walking in. I smiled seeing all of them. Chris and I had been together a couple times since the first time, each time being the "last time" which it never was.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked.

"We need someone to do this duet with me and we can find anyone." I said. I then looked at Chris.

"You can do it with me! We have sang together before." I said and he shook his head.
"For fun Gemma, never seriously." Chris said.

"Please? I know you sing." I said and he sighed.

"Teach me the song and I will think about it." Chris said. I nodded and grabbed the sheets of lyrics and took Chris into the booth and we sat down.

"Okay you need to know something about this song." I said and Chris sighed and looked over the lyrics. I knew we had privacy in the booth so it was okay to talk about whatever.

"Oh come on Gemma! Are you serious about this song?!" Chris asked trying not to get too upset.

"Hey! I didn't write it, my management team heard the demo and wanted me to do. It was supposed to be with Tom but it sounds horrible. Chris I think I am meant to do this song with you." I explained and he sighed.

"You know I am not okay with how this situation with us is working out and now you want to sing about it?" Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, I can't just break up with him and go to you and you know that!" I said annoyed.

"Why?" Chris asked.

"Because it's you Chris! We are having fun and the minute you find fun somewhere else I am left heartbroken and I am just saving myself from that and staying with Tom." I said and Chris hung his head.

"Hey, come on, I'm sorry, that may have been too harsh." I said and Chris groaned.

"So if I do this song with you, it will be around forever?" Chris asked and I huffed a laugh.

"Most likely." I said and he gave a smirk.

"Then I will always have a part of you with me, however this turns out so teach me the song." Chris said. I quickly wiped away a tear and we went to the piano that was in the studio and started practicing the song. Once we were ready to record it Chris grabbed my hand before we headed back to where we could be seen. He passionately kissed me and I smiled in the kiss.

"Thank you for this." I said and he nodded.

"Anything for you." Chris said placed his hand on my cheek.

"Don't hold any emotions back while recording." I said and he nodded and released me. We went walking into the booth. Chris and I got set up and smiled at each other.

"We are ready." I said to everyone and the music started.

🎵GEMMA:

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this
We got a love that is hopeless
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

CHRIS:
When you're with him, do you call his name
Like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down
Or would you play it safe and stay?
Girl, you know this
We got a love that is hopeless

BOTH:

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

CHRIS:

And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby

GEMMA:

I don't wanna hide us away

CHRIS:
Tell the world about the love we're making

GEMMA:

I'm living for that day

BOTH:

Someday

CHRIS:

Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?

GEMMA:

I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

BOTH:

Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftop
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

GEMMA:

Why can't we be like that?
Wish we could be like that🎵

Once we were done recording the song it only took 3 takes and I was very emotional by the 3rd time around. I realized this was a big mistake to ask Chris to do this song with me. Once we left the recording booth we listened to the song and made sure it sounded good and it was scary how much love and hurt you could hear from both of us. Tom took my hand and I smiled at him.

"Can we talk?" Tom asked and I nodded. We head to a spare room out of the recording studio and he shut the door.

"I need to ask..." Tom asked and I looked at him oddly.

"What?" I asked.

"Is there or was there anything going on between you and Chris?" Tom asked and I looked at him in shock.
"What?" I asked confused.

"Is there, was there or has there been anything going on between you and Chris?" Tom asked and I shook my head.

"No, we are just friends. Why?" I asked and Tom just sighed.

"Well sorry for asking but you two recording that song and it only taking 3 takes to get it right. That's unheard of Gem. It just seemed perfect for the two of you to sing that song." Tom said and I placed a hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes with a smile.

"Tom, je t'aime et seulement toi." I said in French and he smiled.

"I love you and only you too ma belle." Tom said and leaned in and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart he looked at me.

"When did you learn French?" Tom asked and I smiled.

"Been teaching myself but I think I need a tutor, you know anyone?" I asked and Tom nodded leaning in to kiss me again.

"I have to get back to work." I said and Tom nodded as we went back into the studio.

"So I just got off the phone with Chris's team and they are getting a contract ready. We want to rush release the song, get it on the new album and have you both perform it at the showcase you are doing for the album." Rick said super excited and I looked at Chris.

"Are you okay with this?" I asked and Chris smiled.

"Yeah, should be fun." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"Thanks again for doing the song with me. I think it sounds great." I said and Chris smiled.

"No problem. This is something I never thought I would get a chance to do so this is pretty amazing." Chris said and I nodded. We all sat around and had some more discussions about the album show case party.