Chapter 10

It had been a couple days since Chris admitted to Scott and Steve how he felt. They convinced him to keep it to himself for now and to no ruin what I had with Tom or my confuse me. I was sitting at my piano playing some songs just needing a day to work when my cellphone rang and I saw it was Steve.

"What?" I asked and he looked at me oddly.

"Sorry, I just have the melody in my head I am trying to work out." I said and he smiled.

"It will work itself out, don't worry. But I actually need something from you." Steve said.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Scott and I took a day trip but I need that box of books from your closet. I was wondering if Chris could come over and pick it up?" Steve asked.

"Yeah sure, tell him I will leave the door unlock for him. He can just come in." I said.

"I actually let him borrow my key incase you said yes." Steve said and I laughed.

"Okay that's fine. He can just come in." I said.

"Okay thanks." Steve said.

"No problem. Have a safe day trip." I said.

"We will. Love you." Steve said and I hung up. I went back to playing the same melody that was in my head and I just was getting annoyed I couldn't figure out lyrics. I just groaned hitting the keys hard making a horrible sound. I then groaned and went to my go-to song I always played when I was stuck on something which was Shallow. I started playing the chords and went to sing until I heard a voice behind me.

🎵CHRIS:
Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?
I'm falling
In all the good times I find myself longin' for change
And, in the bad times, I fear myself

GEMMA:
Tell me something, boy
Aren't you tired tryna fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?
I'm falling
In all the good times I find myself longin' for change
And, in the bad times, I fear myself
I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now

BOTH:

In the sha-ha-sha-ha-low
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-low
In the sha-ha-sha-ha-ha-low
We're far from the shallow now🎵

Once we were done singing Chris was sitting on the piano bench with me and I nudged his elbow.

"Hey." I said and he smiled.

"Sorry I figured you needed a male voice." Chris said and I laughed.

"I did so you showed up at the right time." I said and Chris smiled.

"Did Steve call you?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, follow me. I will get it down for you." I said and Chris nodded. We headed into the closet in my room and I grabbed a step stool.

"Gemma, let me get it." Chris said and I sighed.

"It's okay, I'm not fragile." I said with a smile and Chris huffed a laugh.

"Just be careful." Chris said. I climbed up on the stool I reached into the crawl space and grabbed the box and handed it down to Chris. Once he set it on the floor I started to get off the stool and missed a step. Chris caught me leaving our faces a few inches apart.

"I said be careful." Chris said in a low voice.

"Thanks for catching me." I said and gave a small smile. Before I knew what was happening Chris had his lips crashed against mine and I moaned as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed the back of my thighs and lifted me up pinning me against the wall and moved his lips to my neck.