Chapter 14

We all walked into Chris's house since Scott had just picked us up from the airport.

"Chris?" Scott called out when we walked in and we were met by a brown and white dog.

"Hey Dodger." Scott said and he then went to Steve and then me. He sat right at my feet and I leaned down and petted his head.

"He likes you." I heard a voice say and I looked up to see Chris and I smiled at him. I noticed Steve and Scott take their shoes off so I did. They hugged Chris and I followed suit.

"No Tom?" Chris asked seeing just the 3 of us.

"Yeah, I thought he was flying in from London and was going to meet us at the airport." Steve said.

"Yeah, that was the plan that you told me." Scott said and I looked at the ground.

"Uh...Tom and I broke up..." I said and everyone looked at me in shock.

"Since when?" Steve asked as we all sat down.

"Since he went to London." I said and everyone just stayed in shock.

"Gem...." Steve said and shook my head.

"Well actually when he went to London we were just on a break since I wouldn't go with him right away and do interviews remotely. Then when I refused to come see him this week because I didn't feel it was fair since he just sprung him going for 3 months on me when we got back from the showcase. We haven't announced it yet though, we are kind of just letting people figure it out on their own. They will see him in London and me here in the states." I said and Steve placed his arm around me as did Scott and Chris, who was sitting on the coffee table in front of my grabbed my hands.

"Guys, stop. I'm fine. I am here to have a good time and celebrate Chris's birthday." I said looking at them.

"Wait....the song you played on that morning show? It wasn't an old song was it?" Scott asked and I shook my head.

"No, I had wrote it the day Tom and I decided to take a break." I said and everyone groaned.

"But you are okay?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I think I am. I just want to party and have a good time." I said and Chris smiled along with Steve and Scott.

"Okay well we just wanted to stop by and say hi. Why don't we go get you set up at the hotel." Steve said and I looked at them confused.

"I don't have a hotel room, I thought I would stay with you guys." I said.

"We thought Tom would be with you and figured you both would want your privacy so we let someone else take our guest room." Scott said and I groaned.

"Meaning if I get a hotel I have to rent a car too." I said and sighed.

"I'll be outside, going to book a hotel room." I said and headed outside. I was looking online for hotels and car rentals when I heard the door open and I saw Dodger come out on a leash and Chris was holding the leash.

"I need to take him for a walk, want to join me while you search?" Chris asked and I nodded as we headed down his driveway.

"Find anything yet?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"No, everything seems booked up or too fair away." I said and Chris sighed.

"I know this may be overstepping and feel free to say no but I have a couple spare rooms at my house and no one is staying here but me and Dodger." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"You wouldn't mind?" I asked and Chris shook his head.

"No, not at all." Chris said.

"Chris...if I stay..." I started to say and Chris shook his head.