Chapter 19

I was finishing up an onslaught of interviews in LA and a lot of them were asking about being at Chris's house. I had worked out that everyone knew Chris and I were friends and I just said I was looking for a place to lay low during the breakup. Once I finished the last interview I walked in my house and just felt drained. Kelly followed me in started rambling about my schedule the next day.

"Kelly, please just stop. I got in town yesterday and I haven't had a minutes peace. I just want 5 minutes." I said and Kelly nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry. Is there something I can do for you?" Kelly asked and I groaned.

"Can we just get some take out for dinner?" I asked and she nodded.

"You want the normal Mexican place? I can go pick it up." Kelly said and I nodded with a smile.

"Thank you so much." I said and Kelly left. I pulled my phone out and sat at my piano. I set up my phone for a facetime call and aimlessly played some keys while I waited for him to answer. I saw his face and he was with Dodger and I smiled.

"Hey! My boys!" I said and Chris was smiling. Dodger licked the phone screen.

"Bubba! Really?" Chris asked and I laughed and Chris wiped off the screen.

"How are you?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"I hit the ground running the minute I got off the plane. Thanks for the Nasa hat by the way, helped shield the paparazzi when I got on and off the plane." I said and Chris laughed then looked confused.

"Wait! You took my hat when you left?!" Chris asked and I laughed.

"Yep. Perks on Steve taking my bags to the car while we said goodbye. It was in my carry on." I said and Chris laughed.

"I want it back." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Nope, it's much cuter on me." I said and Chris laughed.

"Well I would have to see you in it again and maybe nothing else just to prove that point." Chris said and I smiled.

"That can be arranged whenever you decide to come into town." I said and Chris groaned.

"2 days. There is a downside to me coming into town though." Chris said and I groaned.

"What?" I asked.

"I can come visit but I can't stay. Nick and Rick too think it would be smart for me to stay at my own place. You staying with me when you were in town we were able to play off as a place to lay low but I have a place in LA." Chris said and I groaned.

"I have seen Rick all day, why didn't he tell me this plan?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"Because I asked to be the one to tell you. I wanted to let you know that I don't care what they say I want to stay with you." Chris said and I smiled.

"Chris, you can't and you know you cant. You can come over or I will come over to your place and we will spend as much time together as possible." I said and Chris sighed and nodded.

"How long are you going to be staying in LA?" I asked and Chris shrugged.

"As long as I want." Chris said and I smiled.

"You can't leave Dodger too long, even if he is with your mom." I said and Chris laughed.

"He is coming with me." Chris said and I smiled and did a small happy dance. I grabbed my phone and moved from the piano to the couch and cuddled up on it.

"Are you alone?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I am, Kelly went to get us some mexican from dinner. I really need to apologize to her. I kind of yelled at her when we came in the house." I said and Chris sighed.
"You okay?" Chris asked.