Chapter 7

Tom and I went and grabbed tons of food and then sat down at a picnic table that was there. I pushed my sunglasses up to the top of my head. I looked at all the food and laughed.

"Think we went overboard?" I asked and Tom shook his head.

"Never. We have an array of food and the longer we eat the longer I get to keep you here." Tom said and we laughed.

"Tom, you being here is enough to keep me here." I said and he laughed.

"Now you tell me." Tom said and we smiled.

"You get first pick, what do you want?" Tom asked and I grabbed the container of spicy chicken tacos and Tom grabbed the pulled pork sandwich.

"So...let me ask here, just so I know. Is this a date?" I asked and Tom sighed but smiled.

"I was thinking it could be." Tom said and I smiled.

"Good answer." I said and we both laughed. I took a bite of the taco and moaned, Tom just looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" Tom said and we laughed. I handed him the taco.

"Try it." I said and he took a bite and moaned as well.

"Right?!" I said and took the container back.

"So with this being a date, we should get to know each other a little don't you think?" I asked and Tony nodded and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"I think we should." Tom said and I nodded.

"So I don't want normal, what's your age? When's your birthday? How tall are you? All of that is crap and I can find out online. I want fun stuff." I said and Tom laughed.

"Okay so what do you want to know first?" Tom asked and I sighed and thought about it.

"Any siblings?" I asked and he laughed.

"Doesn't that fall under the you can find that on google questions?" Tom asked and we laughed.

"Probably but oh well." I said and he smiled.

"Well I am one of three. I have an older and a younger sister, Sarah who is the oldest is a journalist in India and Emma who is younger than me and also an actress." Tom said and I smiled.

"What about you?" Tom asked and I smiled.

"I have an older brother, Steve. He is a lawyer for a publicist firm, also on my team sometimes." I said and Tom nodded.

"Oh yeah you were at his party..." Tom said and I sighed.

"Right." I said and Tom huffed a laugh.

"Sorry." Tom said and I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. He saw the news about us this morning though and called me from the airport." I said and Tom laughed.

"What did you tell him?" Tom asked and I smiled.

"That we were getting married tomorrow." I said and Tom laughed so hard as I took a drink from the soft drink I had giving him a smile.

"No, just that we were going out and going to figure it all out." I said and Tom smiled.

"So what else?" Tom asked.

"You parents?" I asked and smiled.

"James and Diana. Divorced in 1994 but they are both happy and amazing parents." Tom said and I smiled. He then looked at me asking the same question.

"It's my Dad, David and step-mom Carol. My real mom...Megan isn't around anymore." I said and Tom grabbed my hand on the table.

"Is she...?" Tom asked and I huffed a laugh.