Chapter 6: "The call"

(The past month was a really hectic month. New year's been hard. I hope every one reading this knows of Jimin's health. I pray for him and his recovery!)

It's been five days of being at Jimin's beck and call, but it's been good. After the first day, he was just as happy to have me in one of his t-shirts and a pair of panties around the house, only putting on one of the arm-candy outfits when running errands.

I think he's learned that embarrassing me isn't an effective punishment for getting me to learn anything out of it.
I had to go to volunteer at a hospital this week but I'm unsure if Jimin will be okay with that.

The last time I was away from my volunteer work this long was after I was donating bone marrow to Katie. I'd been visiting my father in and out of the hospital since I was very young. The nurses all knew me and they let me wander while my mother sat with my dad as they ran fluids into him; it was so normal for me.

That was when I met Katie.

She was a few years older than I was, but she pretty much lived in the hospital. She'd relapsed from cancer remission twice.

I found out that her family was searching for a donor for her, that no one in their family was a close enough match. I volunteered for the blood draw, and a few weeks later was taken in for the huge ass needle to be shoved into my hip.

She got better for a little while after that. I didn't know she'd passed away until one day, while wandering the hospital, a boy came up to me. He said he was Katie's twin brother; he gave me a stuffed cat. "Katie-cat" was her nickname at home, he had explained. He was beside himself with grief at losing his twin. I guess his bringing me the stuffed animal was his way of connecting with her through me.

He was my first kiss, though I don't know if it counts if you give it on the cheek.

I reach into my suitcase and pull out the worn and patched cat, lightly stroking its fur. It goes everywhere with me, my security blanket through life. It reminds me that selflessness has given me a treasured friendship and helped so many other families as I spend time with their children when they can't be at the hospital.

"Yes, I know. I was there, I remember."

Jimin's voice echoes in the hallway, and I replace my cat and slowly make my way down the hall. He's on his laptop in his office, a video call it looks like, eating leftover fruit salad as he talks.

"The situation is being dealt with."

He sighs and leans forward, and I can just imagine the glare he's giving the person on the other end of the call.

"Jerry, I know."

The steely tone is nothing like the ice he's used with me. This one threatens to rip the guy's head off and shove it up his ass all while making him look forward to it.

The fight continues, but I can only hear his side of it. There's only one Jerry, though, and he's on the Board. He's also wanted to replace me with his daughter for years.

Jimin says, "Hana's mistake was obvious, I agree. But what happens to her is up to me. I decide if she's fired, not you."

Then it clicks and my stomach drops.

He's fighting with the head of the Board of Directors over me.

"They were looking for a reason to turn down our bid. You know that; the shareholders know that. I'm not going to bend over backwards for people like that. It's not the sort of man I am, Jerry."

I know exactly what sort of man Jimin is, and the only backwards bending he wants is me leaning over a balance ball as he fucks me.

We worked on a file yesterday where I had to try and keep a wireless keyboard level on my stomach as he went down on me, licking me until I begged to come, all while typing up the report he needed me to process.