Tamaran-Sense

"Word to the wise Bradford, the staring? It's creepy. And not even in a cute way."

His breath caught in his throat as he registered the voice of the last person he would have expected. Slowly, he turned.

"Tamara." He greeted her smirk with an even tone.

"So you do know my name."

"Don't push it, puppy."

"You know, I could technically file a harassment claim based on the multiple occasions you've said that to my face."

"I think it's fair to say that it's a term of endearment, not harassment."

She smirked. "Kind of like 'boot'?"

"Lucy hates it when I call her that."

After a beat, Tamara started up again. "Okay, circling back to why I even chose to speak with you in the first place. Um... the staring. Look, yes, she's hot. But I know for both of you, it's more than that."

He rolled his eyes. "Psychoanalysis? Really? First Chen, now you, I cannot believe this."

"Tim," she said, "I'm serious. She talks about you constantly. She could be talking about one of your traumatic Tim Tests, or when you bought her coffee for the first time, it doesn't matter. She talks about you like you are the center of the universe. And you... you look at her like Wesley looks at Angela. Like she's the most beautiful, perfect woman in the world and you doubt yourself. You doubt that there is any way she would ever feel the same way about you. But you're wrong."

He was at a loss for words as he watched the freckled, dark-haired woman line out this information like she was explaining cooking chicken to someone.

"You got all that thanks to your street-smart observance?"

She shook her head. "Not even close. I'm just doing what I do best. Saying it like it is. I know that's the way you roll to in most cases. Listen, I understand it really is more complicated than it may seem. There's more to this than both of your hearts at stake. Your careers and reputations are on the line. But for the love of the sanity of those who care about you, just talk. Stop pining over each other. Even though you hate it, talk it out. Do something. On top of all of that, make the decision as two strong adults,  not cops, or anything else. All you really need is Lucy's permission to go for it. If she wants this as badly as you do, then she'll be the badass woman she is and being willing to put up with flak at work as long as she gets to have you."

He fixed her with a look. "Ya know kid, I gotta admit, that makes sense. Side bar, um, I'm really glad Lucy took you in. And I'm sorry for ever second-guessing you."

She shrugged. "Don't be. I'd have done the same."

"I knew I liked you."

"Officer Bradford, do you care to be any more explicit with that statement?"

"Tamara, you know what I mean."

"I do. Well, I think my work here is done," she swiped her hands past each other as if clearing them of dust. " I'll see you round Bradford."

"See ya around kid."

She didn't get far before he said, "Hey, Tamara?"

She turned.

"If you ever need anything, if Lucy's not available, or even if it's something you don't want to go to her about, I just want you to know I'm always here, okay?"

She gave him a soft smile. "Okay. Now, do us all a favor and go get your girl."