Duo On The Dancefloor

Concept: A pregnant Nyla attempts to confront Chenford (i tried guys, i did, but i couldn't make Nyla do it. Angela is easier to work with) 

A newly married Nyla was absolutely done. She did not have it in her to once again sit back and watch them giggle and flirt and be familiar with each other in a way they never were around anyone else. 

Besides, if she got to be as happy as she was right now, so did everyone else. If she had to suffer under the effects of a constant glass-half-full attitude, then EVERYONE ELSE  would too. But even she wasn't sure of what effect happy/motivated/upset Nyla might have on her overall state. And so, after standing awkwardly, she made a quick stop by where Grey had stationed himself. 

"Evening there to the bride."

"Thanks. Not why I'm here though. I just needed to stop by and say that sir, if I'm fired after this, I completely understand." Leaving a puzzled Wade Grey behind, she continued on toward the dancefloor, desperately trying not to waddle towards the shiny duo on the dancefloor. 

"Hey there, Nyla!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Uh-uh, save it." 

Perplexed, Lucy unconsciously drew further into Tim's hold. 

"Is something wrong?" Tim asked, immediately on guard.

She did a double-take of Lucy, nestled closely into his chest. Tim, his arms settled protectively but comfortably around her. They were so sweetly, innocently oblivious. 

She couldn't do it.

They weren't ready to know. 

"Actually," she said, assuming the bubbly, I'm pregnant! tone. "I don't even remember why I came over here in the first place. Pregnancy brain is the worst. Next thing you'll know I'll be forgetting that I got married. Oh gosh, I GOT MARRIED!"

"Oh, well, um, okay. So, yeah, I was just going to say congratulations," said Lucy uncertainly. 

"You guys enjoy!" Nyla closed out ecstatically. She made her way back to Grey, who raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Nevermind," she grumbled. Bubbly Nyla was gone.

Back on the dancefloor, where Tim and Lucy continued to sway, Lucy mumbled to him, "What on earth was that?" "I know as much as you do," was his response.

"She went from clearly pissed to happy. That was easily one of the most frightening things I've ever witnessed." 

"Honestly," he spun her again, "I cannot disagree with you on that."

She giggled (how many times had she laughed so easily that night?) "Can I get that in writing?"