nineteen.

"Okay, just give it to her," He frantically checked his side, making sure you were unaware of his plans. "Please, 'cuz?"

Mirabel raised an eyebrow while holding the gift box. After having a family photo, she was deliberately pulled to the side against her will. Truthfully, Camilo was planning something special for you this afternoon without your knowledge. He secretly consulted his sister and cousins as they were females and would know the most about this.

"Of course!" Mirabel smiled and happily accepted the task. For a while she had been shipping you with Camilo in hopes that you would one day fall for him, she always knew the two of you were a better match than you and Diego.

Isabela approached him after making sure you were occupied by her mother with the food preparations. "Okay, we got Mariano to play the song," She whispered, pointing at Dolores at a far distance who was helping the man tune his guitar. There were occasional flirting, making them thankful for not having her gift to hear the cheesy pick up lines.

"Does Mami know?" He asked, his cousins nodding in unison with a hum. Although his question was already answered by his approaching mother who had a tiny rain cloud above her head, his little brother tagged along.

"Mi vida, you're all grown up," She sniffed, holding her son's face in her hands. Camilo could only smile, not wanting to upset her any further. Well, he couldn't deny her mother's affection.

"Mami, you're thundering." He let out a small chuckle.

"Pepi, dear, you're going to get him all wet. How is he going to sweep (Y/N) off of her feet then?" His father's comment made his cousin giggle and throw some additional remarks to tease him as his face immediately turned red. He tried to cover it with his ruana, but was unsuccessful as it already reached his ears.

"Take care of her Camilo, she's really special," Felix placed a hand on his son who nodded.

"Papi, it's not like I'm going to confess or anything,"

"Well, you better, and soon." His father's eyes widened adding in for a dramatic effect. "Someone might get her first."

"Yeah, someone taller," Isabela teased as Mirabel choked on air, finding the comment funny.

Camilo huffed and punched her shoulder lightly. "No one is more charming than me, señorita perfecta," the other rolled her eyes while scoffing at his words.

There are multiple teenage girls in the community fawning over his slyness and charms, add in his status and powers. No one could resist Camilo Madrigal, but none of them was the luckiest to have gotten his heart. Because his love was held captive by you.

"I'll go give this to her now," Mirabel waved the box in the air before meeting up with Abuela, who was also a contributor to the plan. Camilo watched as his little brother instructed his tío's rats to drag you over to where his Abuela and Mirabel waited to give you the item.

It was then when he finally acknowledged how nervous he was while anticipating your reaction. Would you like the gift? You wouldn't think he was weird, right?

He was lucky a vendor was able to customize the pendant, more lucky he got it for free thanks to his sister. He breathed in, trying to muster up the courage to proceed with the next step of the plan.

He wanted you to feel special for tonight. For the past days he hurt your feelings, and he knew that what he was doing won't be enough to amount to the pain he inflicted on you emotionally. He had been a coward to face his Abuela, and he doesn't feel deserving of your forgiveness just yet. He won't stop until he makes things right. But he knew deep inside, he'll never stop treating you like a queen for as long as he could.