twenty.

When the party had died down, the Madrigals were left to clean up the remaining mess caused by the celebrations. Everyone returned to their respective rooms and the doors had a similar design to their original forms, Mirabel still staying in the nursery. 

Adriana went home first as you volunteered to help Mirabel and Camilo clean up, an excuse to spend more time with them, as the three of you sweeped the floor from confetti and soil, and took it among yourselves to finish what the others had left unfinished. 

Dancing was magical, you thought. Your mother briefly taught you some steps but you never had the chance to fully nurture it. Even you were surprised you didn't step on Camilo's feet earlier. It was quite shocking how warm he felt when the two of you were close to each other. Is it bad to feel as though you longed for it again? 

"You're surprisingly a good dancer," You complimented him as the area you were sweeping was close to where he was. He scoffed and raised his chin proudly. 

"Of course I am," He clenched his palm to form a fist, placing it on his chest as if it was a drum. 

"Yeah, he stepped on Tío Felix' feet when he practiced," Mirabel said, knocking down the arrogant façade he placed as the two of you snorted together at his reaction. 

"Hey," He protested for the sake of his pride. "That was one time." 

"Last time I checked that 'one time' was a week's worth of lessons," You burst into a fit of laughter, unable to continue what you were previously doing. You held the broomstick for support, an arm on your stomach as they continued their playful banter in front of you. 

"Jeez, 'Milo, how's your feet?" You asked, wiping a tear off your eye. 

"Fine," 

"Isabela's vine only hit it twice." Mirabel bluntly said, making you wheeze at the teenager. 

"Whatever," Camilo sighed with a small smile on his face despite the continuous teasing you and Mirabel were doing. 

He was happy nonetheless. Anyone could make fun of him right now for being so desperate, he would still smile triumphantly for being able to ask you to dance. It felt like everything was a dream, and he never wanted to wake up. 

"Isabela?" You asked, partially confused why the flower-making Madrigal was involved. 

"Tía Pepa taught her to dance, so when Tío Felix was in town—" 

Camilo interrupted the girl with a scowl on his face as he reminisced the memory, "..Isa volunteered to brutally train me." He huffed. 

"Pft," 

"Don't laugh."

"No," You giggle with Mirabel, trying to restrain yourselves to avoid waking up Antonio who was probably falling asleep by now. 

In his defense, "I wasn't even doing anything wrong and she kept hitting me!" 

You shrugged your shoulders. "Hey, the more you hate the more you love, right?" You snicker. 

"My ass," He groaned and finished up on wiping the tables, stretching his limbs after. 

"Camilo, Mirabel, time to go to bed. It's getting late," Luisa announced just from outside her room, leaning over the railings as she looked at the three of you talking amongst yourselves. "And (Y/N), you should go home. Thanks for the help." She added before heading inside her room and closing the door behind her. 

You waved at her, unsure if the woman was able to see your gesture. But you replied with a, "No problemo," anyhow. Mirabel greeted her sister good night before returning her attention to you.