Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I am making ashtray and y/n older bc 12 is just a weird number (no offense to anyone 12) so their gonna be 16

Y/n's pov
As we were all sitting at the dining room table I could feel the tension getting bigger and bigger, I looked over at ashtray with a confused look then back at my mom.

"Alright then since we're all here I'd like to say a couple of things, number one y/n I want you to meet Rosie. "Rosie this is y/n she's the same age as you and... yeah anyways I bet you guys will be really good friends"

My mom couldn't think of anything else to say because I mean she doesn't even know me anymore so she just left it at that

I looked at Rosie giving her a little smile while analyzing her. There was something about her that I couldn't seem to fit into the puzzle.

I didn't pay much attention to it and turned back to my mom not expecting what she was going to say next "Now that you guys know each other y/n and Rosie I want you guys to know that you'll be sharing a room"

I could feel my hands clenching under the table I was gonna bring them to the upper level of the table when I felt some type of pressure on them.

Ashtrays pov
I could see it in her face she wanted to go off on her mom and Rosie but I couldn't let that happen, both of them just looked at her to see if she would react. Since I was holding her hands down she just let out a small sigh and smiled, there's no way that y/n's gonna get use to this I could already see it in her face, she wasn't ready.

As we all sat at the table listening to her mom talking I could feel that hard stare I knew it wasn't y/n because she was giving her mom her full attention, I knew exactly who it was. As I turned my head to look on my other side I could see Rosie staring at me. Wtf is wrong with her and why she staring so hard.

Y/n's pov
I notice that ashtray was looking at Rosie, it kinda made be laugh because she was smiling at him and trying to get his attention well he was giving her the dirtiest look. It put a smile on my face to know that he didn't care for her as much as he cared for me
My mom finally pulled out the little jewelry box from earlier and sat it down on the table, well she continued

"I know for the both of you's this is a lot to take in right now but we're gonna get through this together and I know that for a fact because well WERE GETTING MARRIED!!" I couldn't say anything, I was just in shock there's no way my mom called me to come home for the first time ever just to tell me she's getting married to a man I don't even know. Not to mention that I'm going to have a new step sister who likes my man

Ashtrays pov
I could see the frustration on y/n's face she wanted to say so many things but chose not to. She just got up and walked to her room, I followed close behind not wanting her to think she had to go through this alone. I closed the door and sat on her floor where she joined me

"You okay?" I said well looking up at her, she just smiled and said "Yea I mean if this is how I can build up a relationship with my mom then I'm all for it, I mean she looks happy and seems a lot more comfortable then she did before.." she went quite for a sec and just looked around her room it wasn't a big space at all and I knew it was bugging her.

"Hey I know your rooms gonna be crowded now but don't forget you can always come over to my house, I may not know what any of this feels like but I know it's not gonna be easy to adjust." She got up and gave me warm hug, I don't know anything about this but I know it can take a lot out of a person. I just want her to feel at ease.

No sooner than we let go of each other we heard a knock on the door.
I got up from the floor to go open it when y/n stopped me "let me do it" as I watched her get up and open the door her face was changed completely and before she could ask who it was Rosie came barging in the door with all her bags and a smirk on her face. I changed my mind, this might not be so easy after all.