Chapter 7

AN: How are you, beautiful humans?

Sorry I haven't been active I have been busy getting back into the rhythm of school but I should start updating more consistently again this week or more likely next

Slight Trigger Warning for panic/anxiety attacks

I hope this chapter is okay I have had anxiety attacks but nothing super extreme and I don't want it to seem I am trying to represent anxiety or panic attacks in any way that isn't empathetic towards those who suffer from them

Kara's POV

"YOU DID WHAT?" Evelyn yells at me as I shrink further into my chair. 

"I hugged her when we were both being vulnerable and comforting each other, I don't see how that's such a big deal!"I say trying to defend myself to my friend the night after hugging Lena during a late-night practice session. 

"The big deal is SHE IS THE STAGE MANAGER," Harley said slowly like I was a little kid not understanding something obvious to everyone else. 

"SO WHAT? It was a simple moment of the two of us just talking and trauma dumping before we comforted each other. It's what any two friends would do." 

"Kara, honey baby sweetie." Nat says while breaking from working with Evelyn on some of her 'All That Jazz' choreography as well as Catra's movements for 'Hurricane'. "Lena doesn't have friends outside of tech."

"Then what exactly am I to her? Chopped Liver?" I couldn't believe all of our interactions meant nothing. I wouldn't believe it. She opened up to me. 

"No your not chopped liver. You are something more than special to her. I have known Lena all five years she has gone here and even longer before that. Bailey hates her guts why exactly do you think she has spent the last several weeks spending her free time loitering around your theater." I start to protest but she cuts me off "She is risking facing the wrath of Bailey" Evelyn and I shudder at the thought both of us have been on the wrong side of it at some point or another. 

"I still don't understand why it's such a big deal but okay I will avoid Lena if it will get you off of my back," I say in a sad tone. 

"NO!" Everyone yells at once. 

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I am about to question but Wanda says "If you ignore avoid Lena not only will your company feel the repercussions but the whole camp will. No one and I mean no one wants Lena in that foul of a mood a month out from the competition."

"Then what exactly am I supposed to do?" I question frustrated by the dilemma. 

"Still be friendly and talk as you would normally but do not seek her out or talk more than you need to with her. If people besides us see you two getting close they can get our whole company disqualified, Lena thrown out of her position, and just as bad she could be thrown off the judging panel." Evelyn says

"Okay, this is such bull shit," I say crossing my arms over my chest. 

"It is but it's what happens in the bull shit world of competition and politics that exist in this camp." Nat says sadly glancing at Wanda out of the corner of her eye "Some friendships aren't tolerated and it's almost impossible to date anyone during the summer"

------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

"What did you do?" Kara is sitting at a table eating a late breakfast with just Harley, Everyone else had rehearsals or tech responsibilities. Both of us turn to find Bailey, James, and Ivy glaring at me.