Chapter 11

Yelena's POV

I am banging my head against Lena's desk. Well fuck I guess it's my desk technically.

Ha, it is painful at this point to even think that.  

It's her desk she should be sitting hear not me. 

"How the hell did you do this?" I question out loud to no one in particular. 

I have been stage manager for all of week and tech is already falling apart without Lena at the helm. 

I was struggling enough to manage my one camp with all the actors and tech and now I am responsible for all four. 

How the hell did Lena do this so gracefully? It's been a week and I feel like I am trying to dig a hole in 100 feet thick steal wall with a plastic spoon. 

I begin pacing back and forth in my office as I speak out loud to myself once again. 

"Okay Sara's tech is being rebellious and has lost complete and utter lack of respect for the entire system they booed me off the stage when I tried to speak. They are on strike until Lena is back in power so their entire schedule is thrown off because their show can't run without them. Winn's crew is two seconds away from doing the same thing. Kate is keeping her crew in tact thankfully but all of them lost their drive to work. My group is the only one keeping their shit together because they have Lena their." I scrub my hands down my face as I say "How did I get myself in this mess?"

"Yelena?" I spin around to find Kate standing in my door way with a concerned frown on her face. "I have been knocking for a while and I could hear you but you didn't answer so I got worried. Are you okay?"

"Am I okay? Am I okay" I laugh humourlessly. "Yes Kate I am wonderful. Half of tech is holding a revolution against the system because I am incompetent fool who thought that I could actually hold a candle to Lena's stage management skills." I start pacing again "Yes Kate I am joyful at this moment because the whole world is spinning and insane and against me because some fucked up assholes decided to punish Lena for something she didn't do!" I storm up to so I am in her face "Yes Kate! I am so fucking happy I can barely breath because I have never meant more useless and incompetent in my entire life! I am supposed to do this for the rest of my life and here I am not even being able to manage ONE FUCKING CAMP" I start pacing again as I start laughing again "AND most of my friends don't talk to me any more because of my incompetence or because I am so busy I barely have any time to speak-" 

3rd person POV

"You still have time to speak to me" Kate says sadly 

"Yah but that will stop as soon as you find out I am in love with you" Kate is stunned silent but didn't even have time to respond because not even Yelena herself processed her own words because she was in such a manic state in this moment "And the cherry on fucking top I STILL haven't come out to my sister! She - God I don't even know how she will respond. I mean she loves sex like never shuts up about it! And the irony of the fact that her little sister is biromantic is not lost on me"

"Biromantic?" But the shorter of the two women was completely in her own world and wasn't at all aware of Kate's confusion and shock. 

"AND can have I mentioned I AM THE STAGE MANAGER NOW" Yelena flops down in her chair and starts banging her head against the desk again "I am the stage manager. That's not my job. That's Lena. Lena is the stage manager regardless of what those doouche canoe's say. Why didn't I stand up and reject the offer? It's what you would have done. It's what any other tech member in that room would have done. Yet I had the audacity to not do the same thing and stick up for the person I look up to and aspire to be like. She is a fifth year Kate. Fifth year and she was appointed to stage manager as a fourth year. Do you know how many times that has happened?"