Chapter 14

AN: Okay I want to clarify Yelena is Asexual, not aromantic I typed the wrong thing and I apologize for that error on my part and I am sorry I have had a lot of work so I apologize for my lack of posting

Also, I just realized I haven't written Kara and Lena's story that clearly and I apologize for that. 

SHORT CHAPTER SORRY!

Kara's POV

"Why is this awkward?!!!" I practically yell as Lena and I sit in awkward silence on the picnic blanket we stole from the kitchen. 

Lena calmly takes my hand and squeezes it as she says "I didn't think it was awkward but why do you feel that way?"

"Well- we aren't talking we are just sitting here in silence" I explain trying not to sound crazy "and normally our conversations flow so naturally. Is it because I asked you out? Please tell me it's not because of that because if it's because of that I don't have feeli-" Lena kisses me softly silencing my fears and anxiety with a world-shattering kiss. 

She pulls away, now a bright red color as she scratches the back of her neck and says "I am sorry I should have asked before I did that but you were so cute with your rambling and I just kept looking at your lips and I have wanted to do that since I met you and-" now it was my turn to kiss her softly. When I pull away it takes her a bit to gather herself before she says "I promise the silence wasn't because you asked me out. I am happy because I like you a lot, I think we both have just had so much going on... I was just enjoying the peace together and I didn't realize you were anxious about it." 

"No, now that you explained it that makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the silence now," I say leaning my head on her shoulder and munching on a strawberry "If your okay with it let's continue enjoying the silence but our proper first date can we talk for hours, please? I feel like I know everything and absolutely nothing about you if that makes sense?" 

"It does. I know that you get that thing on your forehead when you are lying and that you hate blueberries, but I really don't know your favorite color or your family" 

"Exactly right" I agree