chapter 2

Tris pov
I wake with a pounding head. Matthew is in the kitchen. He brings me a glass of water and I thank him. I wounder where we are?
"This is my home inside the city" he says. I must have said my thoughts. I look at Matthew he seems different but I sure I do too. I try to sit up but I can't. Matthew runs back to the kitchen. He brings out a big plate of food and says. "You might want to eat. You have been starving yourself for a while."
Why did I starve myself. It must have been the only way to end the misery. If I have been tested on for two years then I could see me doing that. I tell Matthew thank you. I start to wonder about everyone. So I ask Matthew and he beings while I eat.
" Well everyone is ok except for four. He misses you alot. He scattered what he believed to be your ashes yesterday. I can't stand seeing Cara missing will Christian misses him to. Christian has been helping four or trying to. He works and I work the city is big uriah is gone. Zeke and four are ok not as good as they once were if I understood correctly they used to be best friends. Zeke has been a little distance since uri. You had alot of people come to ur funeral. Four decied to zip line in memory of you. "
By this time I have tears in my eyes and I don't know what to say. Matthew stops when he realize my tears. He wipes the tears off my face. Which only makes more bc I remember when Tobias would do that. The memories hurt finally after two years Tobias was moving on.
I can't be selfish I have to move on. So that the love of my life will move on the same path as he is. He doesn't know I'm alive and he shouldn't have to go through that. Matthew gives me a strange look and starts talking again.
"If you want I can take you to four? He will be so happy ur alive!"
"No he doesn't need to know everyone that gets close to me dies. I can't stand that he would die for me. Matthew you can't tell him." I beg "please don't tell him. He needs to finish moving on. I can't be his problem anymore." Matthew nods and pulls me in so I lay on his shoulder. I cry and Matthew just sit there holding me in a tight hug.

I usually would shrug his off but I need this. The pain isn't going to just go away. I cry for hours it feels like and I feel Matthew drifting off. I get out of his embrace so he can sleep. I tell him I'll be fine and I lay down on the bed. I feel the tug of sleep pulling my mind into a dream.
"I love you" Tobias says
I can see he has been crying. Why I'm right here? Can't he see me. That's when I realize this is a memory. I love him and I didn't want to die. I tell him I love you too Tobias. He must not be able to hear me I feel like I am screaming and he turns to walk out the door right before he does he turn back around and says.
" I miss you and I never wanted this to happen you are the love of my life. I will always love you. Even when you are dead I will never forget you."
With that he kisses my forehead and turns back to the door and leaves crying. I hate he doesn't know that I'm here. A few mintues later David walks in with two others my body tenese and I want to scream but my voice seems to disagree. One of men says to David.
" So why are we taking her if she dead?"
"Shut up Tod! She is not dead I shot her with these!" He holds up a red filled vile. " it temporarily puts her in a coma. With shooting her twice it made her appear that she was bleeding with the fake blood I put around her. She is completely fine. Now I can finally work on her. She is the strongest divergent and I will figure out how to duplicate it." He says with an evil grin.
I jolt a wake crying Matthew is a wake trying to get my attention. I can't understand him through my thoughts. Crying I can hear Tobias words over and over in my head. Then the word duplicate replays. What did he mean? Did he make another me?
Matthew finally clams me down and ask me about the dream. I tell him that I was never shot about the whole conversation David had with the other man. I tell Matthew about David wanting to duplicate me.

Matthew jumps off the bed and runs to pick up the laptop. He comes back typing quickly he puts in a bunch of different codes then a live video pops up and the person looks almost like me except her hair is dark brown. I see she is laying on a table not moving or breathing. Good maybe David did not get to finish her.
Matthew just stares at the screen. "I knew they had more rooms." He sates as he uploads more rooms then I see figures I recognize. One of those figures is David. He is moving but how he had no pulse. Shit I see him bringing in a body it looks exactly like him. Did david have a twin. No not that I remember. He is saying something Matthew turns up the volume. " I can't believe this stupid duplicate lost her we need her to finish the others. We have to find her." Another person comes in to view. "She tooks Matthew hostage he won't know anything. So we can count on only five dead." The man says.
"Thank you for the count how many dose that leave us Drew." David says. I know drew he is from the dream but I know him from somewhere else. Where though then it clicks initation.
We have to warn everyone. Right before Matthew turns off the laptop we see a large figure being drag in unconscious. Oh no!