chapter 12

Tobias POV

I got to the meeting late my mother decied to stay at the house. She seemed to be tired so I left. I don't think she will find the ring. Hopefully not then she will want to know who it's for.

I'm sitting here waiting for the meeting to start.  I get a text from Chris she is on her way to pick up tris. Good and thank you I tell her.  I think Chris knew I didn't want her didn't want to send her to Matthew's. Chris was suppose to come to the meeting but she called and said she was not feeling good. I am happy to actually have Chris as a friend. I text Chris and tell her to let me know when they make it back home. Okay is the response I get. Cara comes in and the meeting should start soon. So we go in and wait.

______________________________
            Tris pov

Hello a voice say from the bush. It is harsh and a women's voice. I've been looking for you for a while now. Says the voice.
"Who are you?" Chris and I ask.
Then person steps out her face looks familiar but I just can't think of her name. Then Chris says something that tells who she is.
"What do you want Evelyn?why have you been looking for me?" Chris ask harshly. I would say they are not the best of friends. I still have my hoodie on and it is covering my face good I think. She won't know it is me.
"I am not talking about you Christina. I'm looking for the one and only tris prior. Now I have found her and Tobias will be safe." Evelyn spats. Next thing I know all I see is black. I don't wake up for a while. I wonder what she meant by Tobias would be safe.I feel two familiar arms pick me up but they are not Tobias's arms they are smaller.

______________________________
          Tobias POV

I get  a call right as the meeting is ending.  It from Matthew.  Great the person I want to talk to least. I answer it on the last ring.
"Hello" I state
"Hey Four it Matthew I need you to come over right away it's about Tris." Matthew says his breaths are quick and it sounds like he is running. I don't answer I put my phone in my potect and tell Cara I have to leave. I rush out the door to Matthew's it been maybe 15/20 minutes  I knock on the door and Matthew opens it quickly. I walk following him to his bed room.  My mind stops wondering when I see tris passed out I see brusies starting to form. I clench my fists who would do this to her.
"Four I'm sorry I didn't follow her. I heard a scream about 5 minutes after they left. I ran to find Evelyn beating the crap out of Tris. Also Chris is unconscious. I couldn't carry both back. I didn't want to leave Tris by herself so I can go get Chris now. What should I do with Evelyn? I knocked her out I'm sorry I didn't know what to do. "

Matthew looks worried but I am greatfully that he found her. I hug Matthew which shocks him but he saved Tris. Tris the love of my life from being beat by the women I was starting to trust again my mother Evelyn.  Why would she do this? Did she just find out and get mad that Tris is alive? I have to find out. I look at Matthew he won't be able to carry both Chris and Evelyn back.
"Matthew stay here watch Tris. I will go get Chris and Evelyn. I can carry both at the same time. Do u have rope?" Matthew nods and with that I leave to go get them. When I get there Evelyn is out cold but Chris is coming into consciousness. I walk over to Chris and help her up. She tell me everything up until when she got shot in the leg and hit on the head.