chapter 13

Tris POV

I wake up in a room with a bright light. I blink trying to get my eyes to focus. As the door opens I see Matthew come in. He walks over to my  side and examines something. He smiles which tells me there is good news. Then he touches my side and it sends a surge of pain through me. I try to scream but I hear  nothing.

I close my eye and try to ignore the pain. I fall asleep for a while. I'm awoken by voices.

"I think u should stay and wait a week. David won't know u are coming for another two weeks.  If u just wait for Tris to wake. Four she will want to see u and not dead." The first voice says it belongs to Matthew. The other person must be Tobias. Can't they see I'm awake. Why is Tobias going to die. He can't die!

"Matthew I have to do this my mom said he knew. Either way I'm going to die. I rather Tris not know I'm dead. Just tell her I keft because I want her to be with u or atleast happy." Tobias says and he sounds like he is whispering. I don't like what I hear next.

"Please Four she loves u more then she will ever love anyone else." Matthew begs.
"No Matthew I can't have her watch me die. Maybe I can come over and see if u can get  this serem out but if not. I don't want her to find out.  I love her more then anything else. Tris is my world. I won't have her go through what I went through. I love her to much to let her grive for me. I am dying and u said the coma serem won't run out of her system till Friday.  I've only got till monday. Please take care of Tris. Love her like she is the last person on earth. Matthew can you do that for me?" Tobias says forcefully.

Matthew must have answered him. I didn't hear it though why would he lie to me he is the only person I care about. The only person I love. My only true family I hace left. Tobias please don't leave me. Don't do this. I hear the door close and then feel his perfect hands around one of mine.

"Tris I have so many things to tell u. First is i'm sorry u got shot and had serem injected by my mother. I should have never trusted her. I love u and only u. Tris ur the only thing that matters  to me. Matthew will take good care of u. I don't want u to worry about me. I remember when u jump to the net and changed my life. I love you." He stops for a moment it sounds like he is holding back tears.

"I will be back tomorrow to say my last goodbye. We will take care of David.  U will be ok. I want everything for u  kids  marriage  a house growning old. I will never be able to that with u. I love u Tris sweet dreams. U will always be with me." He says then leaves.  I  have to fight this serem tomorrow so I can tell him not to leave I will save all my strength and then do it. I let sleep take me in.

______________________________
       Tobias POV

I walk out I will tell Tris my goodbye tomorrow.  I can't believe my own mother.  Shot Tris the women I can't live without.  The one person I need to live even if I don't. 

Matthew comes around the corner we are going to try and get the serem out tonight. If we can't find something I am going to war tomorrow. I will kill david. Weather tris knows it or not I love her more then my own life. I give anything to keep her breathing.

I get up on a large table and lay down. Matthew starts work before I know it he says the words. The words I can't stand to hear. I can't figure it out Matthew says. I go back to the bedroom  to see Tris asleep I crawl in bed next to her one last time.I will miss her so much. Good night my beautiful smart brave Tris I say softly.I close my eyes and stay near Tris.