chapter 5

Tris pov

I am at Matthew's waiting on him to get back. I decied to make dinner for the person who saved me. I can't believe Matthew was the only person who thought I would survive. I look at the pantry I see sauce and and noodles. So I grab that also garlic butter and bread. I know what i'm going to make.
I have all these thoughts in my head as I cook. I'm glad my mother taught me how to cook. I can't believe Tobias he doesn't love me. I love him though. I'll just have to move on. Maybe Matthew likes me. I will have to run away if I want to live and not go back there. I can't believe Tobias would say all that crap. I hate him so much. For some reason I can't convince myself that I don't love him. I know a place to start. Matthew saved me. He said he wouldn't let me go back. He cares but I have to find out why. It is he is just rhat good of a friend or does he want more.
My thoughts stop to the door opening. I quickly turn off the stove and hide. Just Matthew thankfully. He looks hurt I come out from my hidding spot. He jumps I must have scared him. His jaw is purple it looks like he got punched. I tell him I'll be there in a minute. I go check the pasta strain it and sit on the table with the sauce and garlic bread. Matthew walks in his jaw is definitely sallowen.
"Hey? What happened? Are you okay?" I ask
"Yes I'm okay. You startled me alittle. Four punched me I think for not telling them. I don't see why though. He wants to take you back there. I said that I had a better plan but he still...."
I cut him off by applying the medicine to his jaw when I tell him to sit so I can take care of it. He listens and gives me a smile but winces from the pain. He looks over at the table when I'm through putting the medicine on and a bandage. He starts to talk again.
"Did you do this? You made dinner? That was nice of you but you didn't have to. I appreciate it alot thank you." He smiles again I can't help but notice how sweet he is. He is also cute in his own way. I been starting at him a while and think he notices. He gives me another hug and say thank you. He probably thinks I'm thinking of Tobias but I wasn't.
"I sorry I didn't say anything I was thinking. Your welcome. I wanted to do something nice for you bc of everything you done for me. Thank you for everything especially saving me."
I finish and he losen his grip and gestures to the table. I take his hand as he pulls our my chair. Such a gentlemen I think to myself. Maybe I do like Matthew I guess ill find out later I have to move on anyway. Don't I?
We finish and he refuses to let me help clean up. He tells me to go rest on the couch. So I do and think to myself while I am waiting. I will do this I have to move on maybe it will be the same as it was with Tobias I mean four. Just then Matthew comes and joins me on the couch. I didn't realize he had started the fire in the fireplace. This is a nice place.
"Matthew" I say getting his attention.
" Yes Tris?" Matthew rasies his eyebrows.
"What.?" I snap
"What were you thinking about?" He says sweetly.
"Trust me you don't want to know. This is a nice place though" I say plainly.
" thank you and I do want to know. I love the way you think. You are a brilliant person." He says
I blush not being able to explain I push my lips against his. It isn't as great as Four's kiss but it isn't bad. I move back and im about two inches from his face when he gently places his hand on my face and says.
" Tris I do like you but I know Four still cares about u and u care for him. I won't do that to u. I don't want u to get hurt." He then lets his hand fall to his lap and looks down. He really cares about me. I think I care for him to but am I ready to care for someone else? Without anymore think I look at him in the eyes and speak. "I'm sorry I just didn't know if I was ready or not. I have feelings for y......" he cuts me off his finger press to my lips.
"Shhh. I can't hear you tell me that or we might end up doing something you will reget. I know you still love him."
I can't help it he is being so nice and Four has to move on. I'm never going back to David. If Tobias really loved me then he wouldn't offer me up. So I finish my sentence.
Next thing I feel is different from before. Matthew gently puts his hand underneath my chin and tilts it up. He passionately kisses me. I kiss him back. We kiss slowly savoring every kiss. I am drawn back to reality when there is a soft knock on the door.