♡Oyakodon♡

I like to tell people that I don't care what others think, but in reality that's just a mask I put on to hide my true vulnerable self. 

The truth is that I'm not a boy from birth, I was born a girl. I started binding my chest with bandages from a very young age and so my parents always assumed I was just flat. (Please do not bind with bandages it is very dangerous)

I knew they would accept me if I came out but I was...scared; Scared that things would change from the way they were. Well, at one point I finally mustered up the courage to come out and it went well. My parents struggled with my pronouns at first but they tried their best.

But things didn't go the same way for my friends and school life. Almost none of my friends were supportive of me and I was kicked off my middle school volleyball team. After that whenever I saw my former teammates and friends they used every opportunity to misgender me and it broke me inside.

When I made it to high school I made sure to keep a low profile and although I had a binder by then I had a habit of always covering my chest with anything possible. This led me to have very few friends in high school and the ones I did have didn't even last until graduation.

In college I tried my best to make a good impression on everyone but never really talked to anyone, well that was until I met Shoyo. He opened my eyes and is the reason I have friends today. I owe everything to him, even when I came out he never treated me differently aside from comments like, "Make sure you don't wear your binder for this" or "You better be taking care of yourself". He is the reason I didn't loose my mind.

Although being transgender wasn't the entire reason my life was a nightmare it is the main reason.

...

I heard a knock on the door.

"Kenma...?"

...

"Are you alright?"

...

"Please let me in Kenma..."

...

Another knock, this time louder.

"Look I'm here to talk if you want..." 

...

Please don't leave...cuddle me and tell me it's okay.

"Alright I'm coming in"

...

I heard the door open and close and footsteps coming to the bed.

"Kenma get out from under the blanket" He said softly but I didn't listen. Next thing I knew he was taking it off myself but I was resisting. I couldn't face him. What if he didn't want to date me anymore because I was actually a girl?

He managed to take the blanket off from me and sat down resting his head on the headboard. He picked my and laid me on his chest and started rubbing circles on my back.

At this point I couldn't hold it in anymore, I began to sob into his chest getting tears and snot on his shirt.

"Shh it's okay..." He whispered.

"I'm- I'm sorry" I croaked out.

"It's fine Kenma" For some reason hearing my name come from his mouth felt soothing. We stayed like that for who knows how long until I fell asleep, my face still wet with tears.

. . .

"Do you want to explain what that was about now?" Kuro asked me. We were in the same position as when I fell asleep although it was at least 6 PM now. The setting sun shone through the window beside my bed tinting the room in colors of pink, orange, and red.

"Mhm..." I didn't dare look at him, I kept my eyes fixed on the sky.

"So basically I was born a girl...but now I'm a boy" I let out a heavy sigh and got up to look him in the eyes "I'm transgender Kuro"

He kept silent, waiting for me to go on.

"I'm sorry for not letting you know earlier... I just- didn't want you to leave me" I muttered the last part.

"Kenma I'd never leave you" He planted a soft kiss on my forehead "You are quite literally the love of my life"

"D-don't say stuff like that" I turned my head away, I could tell I was blushing, he chuckled.

"Let's go eat" To my surprise he got up and picked me up, bridal style, and carried me to the kitchen.

He propped me up onto the counter before rummaging through my fridge.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to to cook something for you" He said proudly.

"I bet you're a terrible cook" I'm not sure why but at that moment my brain felt awfully cloudy, with a side of...salt? Basically I was tired and not in the mood for bullshit.

"Damn who hurt you?"

"Basically everyone I've ever known for half my life?"

"True" I looked over at what he had gathered. I saw chicken, onions, and eggs.

As Kuro cooked the food I took my psp out of my pocket and started to play a random game. It wasn't until I'd finished the 3rd level that I looked over at what Kuro was making and instantly realized what it was. Kuro was making me Oyakodon. How did he know I liked it? I have no clue but the sight was enough for me to turn off my psp and get off the counter.

"Done!" Kuro put down the bowl in front of me waiting for me to take a bite to which I did.

"What do you think?" He asked eagerly.

"It's alright.." It was the best thing I'd ever tasted.