7

Rafael's POV

Olivia and I stood on the front steps of my building, our lips pressed together and my arms wrapped around her body. This was the first time I had truly kissed a woman in a while, and it felt more amazing than any other kisses I had experienced before.

"Rafa." Olivia mumbled against my lips. I slowly leaned back before locking eyes with her.

"That was perfect." I whispered, and Olivia smiled and nodded.

"It was... but I gotta get home. I only came over here to make sure we could make up, and you were coming to do the same thing." Olivia rambled.

"Don't go home, please." I begged.

"Huh?" Olivia asked softly.

"Stay here with me for the night. We don't have to do anything, but I really don't want to sleep without someone beside me again." I spoke.

Olivia smiled before nodding quickly. She leaned in and kissed me one more time before tugging me towards the stairs.

///

Sleeping beside Olivia that night allowed me to get the best night of sleep I have had in a while. When I woke up, she was sleeping with her head against my shoulder.

I wanted to let her sleep longer, but we both had work and things to discuss. So I shifted a bit before leaning down and kissing her lips softly. Olivia's eyes fluttered open quickly, and they searched my room before looking at me.

"Hi."

"Hey." I smiled.

"Did you sleep well? Or was I hogging the bed?" Olivia smiled tiredly.

"You hogged the bed and snored super loud." I teased. Olivia blushed before burying her face in my neck.

"I hate you sometimes." She mumbled into my neck.

"Yeah, I know. But we really need to talk about this."

"About what?"

"Us, and what we'd like to plan." I replied. Olivia leaned back before nodding slowly.

"I'd like us to take things slow, Rafa. Not like snail speed, but I don't want us to force things before we are ready."

I nodded before sitting up and smiling.

"I'm going to come clean to my mother and make sure that she knows we are actually together now, and that this is real. Before wasn't."

"She's going to hate me." Olivia whispered.

"No, she won't. Especially since I'll tell her it was all my idea. I'm the mastermind behind our fake love story... but I will be kind and I won't be a dick and tell her it's all her fault."

"Good idea, because she needs to like us both."

///

After my shift, I went over to my mother's apartment. I picked up dinner and planned on spending most of the evening with her and my grandmother. But then I wanted to fall asleep beside Olivia again.

"Abuela! Mama!" I called, as I unlocked the door with my spare key.

"Rafa? What are you doing here?" My mother asked, as she moved to where I stood and hugged me tightly.

"I wanted to have dinner with you and Abuela, so here I am." I grinned.

"This is an amazing surprise, Rafa! Please, come in! Abuela was just about to start prepping, but I guess she doesn't have to now."

I spread out the food before getting plates out and opening a bottle of wine. My mother and grandmother asked me about my day and then asked about Olivia. I had told them she was just super busy with work, but when she wasn't coming around... it was for a completely different reason.

"Olivia is doing good." I smiled.

"Are you sure? We haven't seen her for a month. I worry that she's overdoing it." My mother frowned.

"Mama, I promise you she really is okay. But she wasn't coming around because we got into a fight."

"Oh no! Did you break up?!" My grandmother exclaimed. She had told me multiple times that she loved Olivia and thought we were a perfect pairing.

"Okay, so this is where you may get angry..."

"Rafael." My mother frowned.

"I was sick and tired of people asking when I'd get married and settle down... I was tired of people setting me up with random girls that I don't even have an interest in. So I asked Olivia to pretend date me until I could get... you two... to lay off." I breathed.

"Rafael, we just want you to be happy! Then you do this?!" my mother spat.

"But there is good news, Mama! Olivia and I actually started to fall for each other! At like midnight we met up at my place and we kissed and decided to pursue a relationship. I'm actually seeing her now... it isn't fake." I explained. My mother gave me a disapproving look before standing.

"Go home, Rafael Barba."

"Mama-"

"Go!"

///

Instead of going straight home, I stopped by Olivia's place. I buzzed her apartment, and after a moment she was opening the front door and looking at me.

"I thought you may have been my pizza." She smiled.

"Nope, just your boyfriend. The one whose mother and grandmother hate him for lying about his relationship." I sighed.

"Rafa." Olivia frowned.

"Hey, I brought it on myself. Now, can we spend the night together? I'd really like to lay beside you again." I frowned. Olivia nodded before stepping forward and hugging me tightly. 

I went up to Olivia's apartment while she waited for her pizza. She came up, and we drank beer while she ate. I didn't really feel like talking, but Olivia had other plans.

"Do you want me to talk to them?" She asked, as I came back with the beers.

"No, honey. Please don't. I don't want them to hate you on top of hating me, too. So I will just let them cool off, and I'm sure we will be on good terms by the time we retire." I sighed.

Olivia let out a weak laugh before looking at me and smiling.

"You are their baby, Rafael. I don't think it will last that long...but either way, maybe I should talk to them. Tell them how bad things had gotten for you."

"Olivia-"

"I love you, Rafael. Please let me help you."