11

Rafael's POV

Being married to Olivia was amazing. If we couldn't go home at night, we'd always meet up at one of our offices to eat dinner and talk about our days. There wasn't a day that we forget to tell each other about how much we loved each other, and the idea of having a baby was creeping up more and more every day.

About a month after we got married, I finally had to tell my mother and abuela about the wedding. I didn't want them to freak out if they came to my old apartment and found out I moved, or didn't find me at SVU.

"Are you sure that I should join you?" My wife asked as we held hands and walked down the hall towards my mother's apartment.

"I want you here with me, baby! It's important that we are showing them how truly strong we are. That I love you so fucking much." I smiled. Olivia blushed before leaning into me as we walked.

We got to the door, and I took a moment before knocking. It took a few moments before my mother opened the door and stared at us.

"Rafael. Olivia." My mother frowned as she looked us over.

"Hey Ma. Would it be okay if Liv and I came in?" I asked, and my mother didn't know how to respond. Just by the look on her face, I knew she was angry at us. It wasn't surprising, but I was hoping she'd be ready to forgive us after a month of not talking.

"We were just about to eat dinner. Will this be quick?" My mother asked, and I nodded.

"I think so." I replied.

"Sure, come in."

We all went into the house, and Abuela was quick to stand and hug me. I held her tightly and just enjoyed the hug, since I knew she wouldn't be hugging me soon.

"What are you doing here, Rafa?" Abuela asked, and I smiled.

"Liv and I needed to talk to you and ma."

"About?" My mother sighed, as Olivia and I moved to the sofa. We sat down to together, and I let out a sigh before speaking.

"So, Liv and I got married."

My Abuela let out a gasp, as my mother's face grew red with anger.

"Excuse me?!"

"We got married about a month ago, and it has been the best thing to happen to us. We are so happy and-"

"And you didn't tell us? Rafa, we are you family!" Abuela cried, and I swallowed hard as I started to feel beyond horrible.

"Ab-"

"Get out." My mother huffed.

"What?" Olivia asked weakly.

"He has turned into a horrible man because of you, Olivia! I don't want either of you here!" My mother yelled, and I stood quickly with my wife before pulling her to the front door.

Once we shut the door, Olivia turned to me as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I ruined everything, Rafa. I'm so sorry." She sniffled.

"You didn't do a damn thing, baby. I fucked things up. Trust me. C'mon, let's go home."

///

My family's reaction sucked, but it wasn't surprising. However, Olivia and I couldn't just sit around and wait for them to say they forgive us. We had a life that we wanted to build together, and it was our plan to start a family and get a bigger place.

Not long after we started looking for a place, we found an amazing three-bedroom apartment right in between Olivia's precinct and my new precinct. I allowed Olivia to decorate it exactly how she wanted, and I just set back and waited for the big reveal. 

"So, everything is good and we can officially start sleeping here?" I asked my wife, as we walked down the hall and to our apartment. We had been living at her place to the end of her lease, and because Olivia loved keeping this all a secret from me.

"Yes, we can start sleeping here. Alex and I have been working our asses off to get this done, and I'm sorry it took so long... but things got a little more complicated."

"Babe, did you guys break something? Because-"

"No, we didn't break a thing." Olivia laughed, as she unlocked the door. We went in together, and my eyes went wide when I saw how amazing it all looked. 

"Baby, you did great." I smiled, and she grinned proudly.

"I know. I'm incredibly proud of myself. Now, go explore."

I walked around and checked out our bedroom, which she had picked a flowery bedset for, and then to my office.

She had bought several new bookshelves, and they were all completely full. She had pictures of us on the wall, and I couldn't have been happier with how it all turned around.

"So?" She asked.

"It's perfect, baby."

"Good, now... go check out the spare bedroom."

"Alex is in there and she's moving in, huh?" I asked, and Olivia shook her head and smiled.

"No, but please look. Now." She ordered.

I hesitantly moved from my wife's side and to the closed door. I opened it was ease, and stopped short as my breath caught in my throat.

"Why is there a crib in here?" I asked, my voice cracking as tears burned my eyes.

"Um, the thing that got complicated was the fact I found out I'm pregnant. I was going to tell you once I found out, but then Alex and I decided it would be fun to surprise you with a partially finished nursery." Olivia smiled as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Baby, this is such great news! How far along are you?" I asked, as I wrapped my arms around my wife's waist.

"Twelve weeks, and I'm due in the second week of November. Our holidays are going to be so much fun with a baby." Olivia breathed.

I looked into my wife's eyes, and I could not believe that I was going to be having a baby with this beautiful woman. That I have been married to her for three months.

"Thank you, so much... I guess I didn't realize this would happen so fast, but I'm glad it did. Now, can we celebrate? I guess not with wine, but sparkling cider is just as good."

"Hell yeah! Let's celebrate!"