Chapter 14

*Aurelia Goldberg Perspective*

I open my eyes to hear the birds chirping. I know it sounds very "movie like" but you should probably know by now that in L.A a lot of things like that happen. For example, people fall in love at first sight, you have a chance of meeting celebrities, and taking pictures with the "Hollywood" sign.

Should probably get to doing something cool like that soon.

I look out into the night sky seeing that our curtains were still open, its still only around 3 or 4 am. I don't feel in the mood to go back to sleep so you know what I'm gonna do? Write in my dairy that's what.

I feel like it's been so long since I last have, but it just allows me to write down feelings that I'm not comfortable with sharing with anybody else. I go to my bag, search deep down for a black notebook, find it, sit up on the bed and I write...

Dear who ever is reading this. At this current moment it's too early in the morning to be doing this but who cares. I have something to ask for help with even though I know I won't get a answer back. How do you tell when your in love? Do you always need that person by your side to feel safe and comfortable? Well here's what I think it is.

To me, it's a powerful neurological condition like hunger or thirst, only was more permanent. People talk about love being unconditional or blind, like humans have no control over it. but then that is not so surprising because love is basically chemistry. Love can also be viewed as a survival tool- a mechanism people have evolved to promote long term relationships and mutual defence.

Love is not one thing. Love for parents, partners, children, country, neighbour, and God have different qualities. Each one has its own variants. At its best however, all love is a kind of passionate commitment that we all nurture and develop. That's why it's more then just a powerful meaning. Without the commitment it is pure infatuation. Without nurturing even the best can wither and die. And lastly one last thing before I go (Advice actually) If you find true love please I beg you never ever let it go.
-Aurelia.

I feel like I just wrote down a speech for somebody like love is a topic in school and I'm the teacher.

Alright time to go do something productive with my life now. I get up, close the dim closet lights, put my dairy down and start walking towards the kitchen. Until I hear a noise. I peak my head through the wall the tinniest bit, and see a tall slim figure. I pick up my dairy again to use as a weapon. And it's pretty bad but all the knifes and stuff are in the kitchen.

I make sure to stay quite, feeling like I'm a criminal making sure not to get caught, but it's kinda hard when your the loudest person on the planet.(#Thestruggleisreal)

I jump out of nowhere and start whacking the person with the book trying to get them to stop what there doing and leave my apartment.

"Aurelia! Stop it's only me Connor!"

I immediately let the notebook fall to the ground and look at him. I guess since it was so dark I couldn't see his actual face so I didn't recognize him.

"Sorry. Thought you were a thief or something."

"Nah. Just Connor Franta. Your average teenage boy."

"What are you doing up at this time though?"

"Would like to ask you the same thing."

"Hey no fair I asked you first."

"Okay okay, I see you got your points there."

"So your reason?"

"Well I was sleeping peacefully until I heard a door shut, which I'm pretty sure was you..."