Chapter 6

*Aurelia Goldberg perspective*

I could tell Connor was trying to calm me down with his words but it wasn't really working. I mean I was kind of meeting a stranger because the last time I saw my dad was when I was 6 and now I'm 17. That was 11 years ago. I don't even know why he's in jail and I'm sure Connor doesn't either. Speaking of Connor I think I may be growing feelings for him. I know it sounds weird but there's really nothing I could do about it because I think falling in love isn't a choice it's something you just have to deal with. He opens the door and lets me go through first being the gentleman he is. Wow...did I just say gentlemen? I think I'm going crazy if I said THAT about Connor, I mean my old boyfriend did that for me too so it's no big deal. I've never been to the police station before so I don't know what to expect. After Connor comes in I just follow behind him like a lost puppy because I don't know where I'm going. Seeing all the people in the jail cells makes me wonder what they did to be here. I look around the room to see if I could find my dad but there's no sign of him.

"Sit down and wait for me until I come back okay?" Connor tells me.

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to go up to the front desk and ask them where our parents are so we could talk to them."

"Okay but Connor can I tell you something please?"

"Yes..."

"Thank you for being so nice to me in the past couple of days."

All he did was smile and then walk away to the front desk. I look for somewhere to sit like a bench or chair so I start walking around trying to find one. I spot a bench right in front of a small jail cell with a depressing old man around his 80s sitting down staring at the ground like it's the most interesting thing he's ever seen. I reach into my left pocket and try to find my phone but nothings there. I check my right one still not there. I wonder where all my other stuff is to. There's really nothing to do here so I wonder how the people here don't get bored.

"Excuse me?"

I look behind myself and see that old man in the jail cell was looking at me waiting for a answer. Oh no, I said that out loud didn't I?

"Um..." I have no idea what to say now so I ask a different question to try to make this way less embarrassing.

"How did you get here?"

Before I could even realize those words came out of my mouth I instantly regretted it because some people like to keep that type of information private. He chuckles a little bit at my atemt to change the mood.

"Well it's kind of a long story do you really want to know?"

"Sure why not."

"Okay so when I was 50 I was driving my car when there was a thunder storm going on. One of the lightning bolts hit a street light which made it tumble over and hit my car. I instantly got paralyzed and got into a coma. The next day I woke up in the hospital and had no idea who I was,how old I was,who my wife was, or who my children were. A nurse soon came into my room and told me I was in a coma for 15 hours and I am lucky to be living. Although one of my arms were paralyzed and that I would have to pay A few thousand dollars to get surgery to fix it. I couldn't afford it so I asked her if I could get the surgery for free and she said no. To make the story a little bit faster I'll skip the Boring parts and let's just say a few days after I went to court after I was fully healed and they said that they'll give me the money to pay but they had to check my ID to see if I had any type of disease. They found out that when I was 25 I abused my wife and put me in here. So at the end they didn't give me the money and I still have this thing on my arm."

He stops talking and rolled up the sleeves on his orange shirt to reveal red lines that look like lightning scattered all over his upper arm.

"Woah...So how old are you now?"

"I'm 83 so I've been in jail for about 33 years."

Before I could reply to his answer to my question I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see the one and only Connor.

"Aurelia we have to go to our parents now so say bye to your friend."

"Oh okay,bye sir."

"Names Daniel."

I smile and say "Bye Daniel."

"Wait before you go sweetie, is this gentlemen your boyfriend?"

Before I could reply Connor speaks for me but not the answer I was going to say.

"Why yes we are Daniel." With that Connor wraps his arms around my waist and I could just feel him smirking behind me. When his fingers touched my waist I immediately had a tingly sensation dancing throughout my stomach. Chill out Aurelia Chill out.

"Come on Aurelia lets go."

I turn around give Daniel a smile then walk away with Connor.

"You do know we're not dating right?" I tell Connor.

"I know." he says then whispers "but I wish we were." Even though it was a whisper I could still here him by the slightest bit but don't ask him why he said it. We soon reach a door that has two police man on each side serious as you could be. Connor looks at them and all they do is nod then open the door that was locked. I keep my head down and follow Connor into the room. There's a big table in the middle with a few chairs surrounding it where people could sit.

"When will they be here?" I ask Connor,but before he could even reply the door opens and I see my mom,a women who I think is probably Connors mom,and two other men.

Connor leans over to my ear and whispers so that no one else could hear.

"Aurelia that's my dad." He points to the bald guy with a orange jail suit on.

"And that's yours." I turn my head to the left and see a guy with dirty blond hair the exact same color as me and the same orange jail suit.

Does he remember me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter and your probably wondering who the picture is supposed to be...well it's Sarah's mom! Btw sorry for not updating in more then a week❤️😊❤️
~hejar