Chapter 15

*Aurelia Goldberg Perspective*

We walk out of the hotel, Connor holding his skateboard in his hand. Since this is L.A its pretty hot here, so there's no need to worry about how cold it's going to be. If I'm going to be honest I'm horrified to even step on that skateboard.

When I was younger I was at a store and saw one; and decided to get it just for fun because I was still a little one. While exiting that store there was a hill going downhill to wear I lived and I had nobody beside me and I wanted to try and ride it down that hill. Turns out i wasn't experienced enough and fell right on my two knees scrapping them badly to the point where I wanted to go to the hospital.

Now I'm scared to ride one after my horrible fall.

"Alright where do you want to start off?" Connor asks.

"I...um.. don't really feel comfortable riding at all. You see when I was younger I rode a skateboard and fell right off injuring myself quite badly. So now I'm scared to go on one."

"That's the past. Hey you never know you may end up loving this."

"Ok but please let's start off on a flat road."

"I know exactly the place for beginners. Follow me."

Connor starts walking upward and I start to follow him like he told me too. We end up walking into a area where there's not a lot of people. There's a long road that is flat and long leading to what looks like a eating place.

"You'll start here and if you are able to actually ride properly you'll be going right to a little cafe down there, buts that's only if you could make it. Okay first things first. Get on the skateboard."

"Are you going to help me?"

"You haven't even tried yet. Give it a shot."

I slowly attempt to get on the board. One of my feet is one and let me tell you it's so hard to keep your balance because the board is shaking. Or its me that's shaking. Either way it's still difficult.

"Good. Now try and get the other foot on."

"Please help me now."

"Fine fine."

He only holds the finger tips of my hand not really supporting me. Don't think about it. Just do it. I put my other foot on after calming myself down. And I finally get the balance I needed all this time. I start moving a little bit, which makes me hold Connors hand tighter. Hopefully his hand won't pop off.

"Yours okay now don't do anything. I'm going to start walking which will make you move."

"I beg you to walk slo-"

All of a sudden he lets go of me, making me go down the road. For me I'm going at lighting speed but for other people I'm going at a normal rate, or even a little bit too slow.

I immediately literally jump off letting the skateboard go right past me.

"Aurelia! Good job I thought you would freak out when I let you go."

"I did! I just didn't show it."

"Sorry but at least that helped you out. Hey where's the skateboard?"

"It went down the road."

"Oh my god. Why didn't you go get it?"

"It's my revenge. You let me go so I let your skateboard go. Don't worry. It's probably beside that cafe you were talking about."

"Well let's start walking to it. I don't want anybody stealing it."

"Somebody's over protective over something that's no even alive." I mumble.