Chapter 11

*Aurelia Goldberg Perspective*

Today was the day. I'm going out with Connor today. Is it bad to say that in actually really excited for this? Would it be awkward if I asked him if this is a date? Of course it would be. I just honestly hope nothing will go wrong and that we can grow closer. You know when you get really excited for something and can't wait till it happens when you find out but once it begins to come closer and closer you get nervous and scared? Well I'm feeling that type of feeling right now.

I look over to my bedside and see its 8:30 am. I got plenty of time to spare before he comes. I unlock my phone and go on social media apps like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I soon decide it's time to get out of bed and go make breakfast. I sit up as I let my feet touch the soft carpet underneath them.

Walking out of my room I feel the cold tiles on my toes and it's not a good feeling so I go and put on some socks. While doing so I look outside the window and exam the weather outside. This place is a little bit warmer then Toronto so for my outfit I'll go with a oversized sweater, Timberlands for shoes, and a regular pair of classic blue jeans.

I walk downstairs and see that nobody's awake yet. It's quite and peaceful and I like that. It really helps me relax and makes me feel like there's no problems in this world. But once you snap back into reality you realize that in a point in your life you will be challenged to go through something that isn't very pleasant. You can't just ignore it, or it can get worse.

I go into my kitchen and think about what to eat for breakfast. Cereal. Quick and easy. While I'm eating I look out the window and just think. He seems to being taking over me, in a good and bad way. Bad because he has a girlfriend and I can't come in between their relationship. Good because I like him.

Wait. Pause for a second. Lets rewind. My brain just said I like Connor Franta. The guy who basically ruined my whole high school year. Could I really be falling for him? I would've been so much more happy in life if he wasn't in it.

I really don't want to think about this right now. I need to take a nap. That will just take my mind off it and plus it too early to be up. I head over to the couch and lay down. Second by second my eyes start to close and I'm off to dreamland.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I lightly flutter my eyes open. I look around the place and see I'm still on the couch with my body all over the place. Suddenly I hear the door bell ring. Who could it be? All I wanted was some time alone. But no that can't ever happen. I look at the clock at the wall on the wall and see its 1:55 pm.

Oh my god. I forgot I'm going out to get frozen yogurt with Connor today. And he said at 2:00 he'll pick me up. That's who's probably at the door.

I quickly get up not caring if I look like a monster right now. I walk up to the door and take a deep breath before opening it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hay girl hay! Are you ready to go?" Connor says in a sassy girl voice.

"Of course girlfriend!" I respond just as sassily as I can back which gets a laugh from the both of us.

I step out of my house and follow Connor to his car. Before I can even reach for the handle Connor speaks up.

"My lady." He opens the door for me and waits for me to get in.

"Why thank you sir." I reply back and get in while watching him jog over to the drivers side. He starts the engine and takes off to the frozen yogurt place. While he's driving I just really take in his features. For example he looks concentrated and fragile. Like if you were to touch him he would shatter in a bunch of pieces. That's weird isn't it? Well what could you do, there my feelings there exactly like yours and everybody else's. You can't control them.

I look out the window and see light snowflakes falling from the sky. Absolutely stunning. The weather here is much warmer then Toronto so there's not as much snow which makes me sad because i honestly would've loved to build a snow fort right now.

"Aurelia...?"

I turn my head back to look at Connor nodding my head waiting for him to start talking again.

"Is it okay if I go get gas really quick?"

"Yeah of course."

He smiles lightly and gets out of the door, to the gas pump. While waiting I try to think of something to do to him, like a prank. Why not have a little fun you know? I look around the place. Snow. Everywhere. Suddenly it feels like a light bulb goes out in my head as I get a idea. There's snow everywhere. I could have a use out of it. I'll hide behind the corner of the door and when Connor walks out, I'll throw snow in his face.

I know I know to some people that may be mean, but to me it's hilarious.

I get out of the car, walking up to the entrance. I grab two hand fills of snow and stand beside the door waiting for Connor to come out. I look through the door and see him paying. Perfect. I just hope he's not one of guys to get mad, so I hope he thinks this's funny.

I see him get his change and start to walk out. I hide behind the door again and wait until from the corner of my eye I see someone walk out. I know it's Connor because he was the only one there so I jump out from my spot and throw the snow.

I quickly realize that the person I threw snow at isn't Connor. It's a random guy that looks pretty buff, and I'm honestly scared what he's gonna say to me right now.

"What? You think you could just do that and get away with it? Your lucky your a girl or you would've been dead by-"

His sentence is cut off as Connor walks out speaking up.

"Hey listen it was by accident. She didn't mean it and she's sorry alright? Now go where ever you need to go because it would be so stupid if you wasted your time arguing because of this little thing that probably won't matter to you tomorrow."

"Whatever." The man huffs as he roughly spikes his shoulders on Connors walking away to his car.

"Aurelia why would you do that?"

"I didn't mean to throw it at him."

"Listen I know it was me it was meant to be thrown at. I'm a start guy. I saw it coming from a girl like you. And also the look on your face was priceless when he started talking to you." Connor smirks a little and also adds "Come on we should get going."

He takes my hand and leads me to his car. I feel a shock of electricity as our fingers interlock together. I know, I know that's something you would hear in some old fashioned 90's movie but it's truly what I'm feeling right now.

My hand breaks apart from his when he has to go to the other side of the car to get in. I get in the passenger side and wait for him to start the engine.

After backing out and getting onto the road the first light is red so we wait. As the light still isn't turning green Connor takes his hand in mine again.

I look at him and give him a look as to say "Why are you doing this?" But all he does is give a small smile and start driving again.

I can tell this day is going to be good already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry for the bit of the late update but I went so many places this week and had school so I didn't have a lot of time for this chapter. This little thing that Connor is taking Aurelia on is going to be a little bit long so in the next chapter it will be continued. Btw that pic is just how I imagine them holding hands in the car.

~hejar❤️