Chapter 7

*Aurelia Goldberg perspective*

After they came in a police women came and explained I would have to talk to one of my parents first then the other. You know the things you see in movies where there's glass in between two people and there's a hole cut in the glass so they could talk? Well that's how Connor and I will talk to our parents.

"Aurelia and Connor come with me and you guys will talk to your moms first."

Connor and I get up tuck our chairs in and did as the police women told us.

"Okay wait here until your moms come to talk alright?" The police women said. All I did was nod and so did Connor. When she was walking to the door to leave she around and came to me.

"Oh Aureliago into that room please so you can have more privacy with your mother because she said she wanted to tell you something private that Connor shouldn't know...well for now."She points to a room on the left side of me and without saying a word I go in there and leave the door a bit open to see when my moms coming. I take this moment alone to think about what my mom needs to tell me that's so "private" that Connor can't know. I mean he is a family friend right?

My mom suddenly walks into the room snapping me out of my thoughts and closes the door behind her. She goes to the other side of the glass and for a while there's a weird silence.

"Well are you gonna talk to me?" I flip my head up from looking down to look at my mom.

"I felt weird to talk because the police officer said to needed to tell me something private that Connor can't know and I don't really know why you wouldn't tell him because I mean his mom and dad are your friends."

"Oh I forgot I did tell his parents and dad so now it's you then Connor. I needed to tell you that this weekend our family's will be going to Hollywood to relax since they've been in jail for a while. We'll be staying there for a week or so you don't need to plan a lot of things." Is my mom serious right now? But she's never done anything like this. I never said this about myself but I have a best friend name Chloe who I've known for ages and I won't have anyone to talk to there except Connor.

"Mom what about Chloe? I won't have anyone to talk to if she's not there."

"Well guess what?" I bet you she's just gonna give me a lame excuse like "You'll make new friends" or "Just get over it" but what she said next surprised me a lot.

"I asked Chloe's parents for permission if she could come with us and they said yes."

Right after my mom said that I got 100% more excited then before to go. I always wanted to go to Hollywood because a lot of people say that there's lots of places to explore.

"Thanks so much mom. When should I start packing."

"Since today is Thursday I suggest when we get home you settle in and then start to pack."

"When will we be going home exactly?"

"After we sign some things which will probably take around five more minutes so if you want go find your boyfriend and tell him."

"MOM! He is definitely NOT and never will be my boyfriend." I don't know why but I started feeling heat build up on my cheeks. Am I blushing just because my mom thinks I'm dating him? I don't even like Connor... At least that's what I hope.

"Sure say what you want anyways back on topic. Lets get out because the sooner I write those papers the sooner we can get out of this hellhole."

"Alright let's go."

Me and my mom stand up and for some reason I start laughing like she just said the funniest thing in the world. She doesn't say anything about it until we're walking to Connor and his family. "Sarah what is so funny that your laughing at?"

"It's just I can't believe we're ACTUALLY going to Hollywood."

"So can't I Aurelia."

We reach Connor and apparently he's still talking with his parents. "Sweetie I'm going to go sign those papers now ok?"

"Ok mom see you."

I had no idea what to do while I was waiting until I heard Connors mom say "So you like Sarah?" I couldn't believe this. Not one bit. Out of all the other girls on this planet he chose to like me? Should I continue listening or just go sit down somewhere else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey munchkins! Thanks so much reading this chapter. I want to say thank you to Ally_cakelikes for giving me a idea for what should happen in this chapter but I decided I wanted to save it for the next one! Anyways bye❤️😊