Chapter 13 - Abii....

Dedicated to Kevin cuz why not x3 :D

Thomas's P.O.V

         As soon as the bus arrived I ran to my locker. I quickly put my stuff away and turned around, only to see a glimpse of Abii walking down the hall. I chased after her, and once i was five feet away from her I could hear her music blaring in her ears. I lightly tabbed her shoulder and I swear, she jumped 10 feet of the ground. She quickly muted her music and looked up at me.

         She looked like a wreck. Her hair was thrown up in a messy ponytail and she had dark bags under her eyes. You could tell she had barely tried putting on her makeup. the light that filled her eyes was barely there now. She was wearing a baggy shirt with some random band on it, and a pair of black skinny jeans. She seemed paler than before and she looked almost like a walking corpse.

         "You alright Abii?..." I asked her, gently resting my hand on her back. She jumped once again at the sudden touch, and gave me a smile. "I'm fine." she said, but I could hear it in her voice that she wasn't, and you could tell by her eyes that her smile was fake. I frowned and pulled her into a hug. "don't lie to me Abii....I'm not stupid. I can tell you're not alright." I whispered into her ear as I gently rubbed small circles on her back. She went completely silent, and after a second or two I felt her hug me back. A smile spread across my lips as I squeezed her.

         I don't know why, but I developed this protectiveness when I'm around her. I don't know why I'm like this around her....I'm not like this around my other friends... I thought. I sighed softly and made her look up at me. "Wanna tell me why you're so depressed?" I asked, brushing the hair out of her face. She shrugged and looked down at her shoes, doing everything she could not to make eye contact.

         "Abii....." I said right when the bell rang. She quickly moved away from me and darted to her class.

Abigail's P.O.V

"Abii...." Thomas said. I didn't want to respond, let alone talk. All throughout the night the anonymous number sent me message after message, calling me worthless and a whore. A surge of relief ran through my body as the bell rang. Oh thank god... I thought as I ran to my class. I've always hated people helping me and dragging them into my drama. I could fend for myself....I didn't need anyone's help. A small sigh escaped my lips as I plopped down in my desk. waiting for this hell hole to end.