Chapter 15 - Where am I?...

Dedicated to Zekey cuz why not? x3

Abigail's P.O.V

      Beep...Beep....Beep... what's that noise and could it seriously not? Can't whatever the heels making that noise see I'm sleeping here? I thought as I groaned. I slowly blinked open my eyes and the only thing I could see was white. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I looked around the room. Next to me there was a big machine that had cords of all kinds that were attached to me. I rubbed my eyes and instantly winced in pain, the memories of right before everything went black came flooding back. That's when it occurred to me that I was more than likely in the hospital...That's why there was a big machine next to me and why I was heading that God forsaken noise.

         I sat up and noticed I was in one of those stupid hospital gowns they always make you wear. That's when it clicked in my head. Someone changed me out of my clothes....oh god...someone saw my cuts...SOMEONE SAW MY CUTS! I started breathing heavily as the beeping sped up. That's when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something jump.

         I looked over and saw Thomas sitting in a chair next to my bed. How the hell did I not notice him there sooner? I thought as I looked at him. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. He had dark bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess, sticking out in random directions. He looked up at me with blood shot eyes. It's such a heartbreaking thing to see eyes, that were once so bright and happy, look so sad and broken now.

         "Abii...you're awake!" he said as he stood up. He gently gave me a hug and sat back down. "I guess so." I said, even though I truly wished that I had slept forever.  "I've been so worried! when I find you outside the school and beaten and bloody, I honestly want sure you would even make it...." he said, resting his hand on top of mine in a comforting manner. "I called 911 and while I was waiting for them I stole your phone so I could let your dad know what happened....I saw the texts Abii....the ones saying those awful things...the things that aren't true in the slightest..."

         he was starting to tear up as he rubbed the top of my hand with his thumb. I reached to wipe his eyes but the second my arm was in the air a surge of pain ran through it. "Abii...don't move....you'll hurt yourself..." He said, squeezing my hand gently. A small sigh escaped my lips as I looked to him.

         "Why did you bother saving me?..." I asked. "You barely know me....most people would have just left me to die..." I added, just above a whisper. He looked at me like I had just insulted his mother. "Abii. you're one of us, and we ALWAYS look out for one another. Always." he said, brushing my bangs out of my face.

         I nodded right as the doctor walked into my room. He quickly pushed his glasses up as he looked to us, then our hands. "This your boyfriend?" He asked, laughing softly. We both turned a deep shade of red, looked to each other, and in unison said "Nope!" Which caused him to laugh harder.

         "Well anyway Miss Abigail, I have some good news and bad news for you..." The doctor said, looking down at his clipboard. Oh that can't be good....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yep. cliff hanger chapter. What do you guys think mister doctor man is going to tell Abii? Also isn't Thomas just like the sweetest thing ever? cuz I think so x3 Love you all!  ~Chancey