prologue

Veronica

I sat in the police station listening in utter disgust as the detective told me that they'd come to the conclusion I was lying about JD killing three people. "When we read your diary, there was no signs that this was anything other than the ramblings of a schizophrenic." He told me.

"Schizophrenic!?" I asked, my voice giving away that I was in total disbelief. "Jason Dean is a murderer who is stalking me." I repeated myself for the thousandth time.

"Miss Sawyer, I know it's not my place, but you should really see a psychiatrist." The detective said before standing up and walking away, leaving me behind as a liar.

I scoffed and grabbed my purse before storming out of the precinct. JD was at waiting there for me, smoking a cigarette. "Let me guess," He said in a mocking tone as he followed me to my car. "They didn't believe you." He added, a little bit louder.

"You knew!?" I turned around and yelled at him. The anger I felt made me lose my cool and speak to him, which I immediately regretted. He gave me that stupid fucking smirk he always gave me.

"Of course I knew. If they believed you, I'd have been arrested." He informed me, which I hadn't considered. "You accused me of three murders, are you really stupid enough to think that I wouldn't be arrested immediately?" He questioned me sarcastically.

"Fuck you, JD." I hissed at him before turning on my heel and heading towards my car.

"Soon enough." He shouted after me. It was another one of his stupid jokes. He was entirely delusional, thinking I'd get back together with him. I'd never do it, not after this shit.

Author's Note

Hey y'all. Um, to say the least, 2021 was not very kind to me. I lost all my inspiration to write, to make videos, to do anything. My BPD was a bitch last year and only recently has there been an improvement. I'm really sorry for my absence. Know that during my time away I've turned 20, gotten my GED and finished my first semester of college. I took an English class and am taking another one this semester. I was working hard last year! I also greatly worked on my mental health and my own toxic behaviors, which is an ongoing process.

I'd like to thank all of you for your continued support. I read every single comment I receive, even if it's on "bruises" because I am so embarrassed of that fanfic now! I would do a lot differently if I wrote it with what I know now. That is the biggest creative plight.

Anyways, I hope that I will continue to have the same interaction on this story that we usually do. I love talking to all of you about what I write. It's one of the most rewarding things. It's free feedback from people who know these characters as well as I do.

With love,

Kaitie 💞