Chapter Twenty Three.

XXIII.                                           Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa didn't know why she went to the Larusso home that night

      Odessa didn't know why she went to the Larusso home that night. She wasn't thinking clearly. She was hurt. Her heart was split in two and her mind was all over the place but one thing it kept talking her to was Robby. It took her a lot of courage to be able to walk into the Miyagi dojo. Robby's back was facing her and he was folding clothes on his bed. She felt her hands start to shake. "Hi." She spoke softly.

Robby flinched at the second voice and he turned around. He was shocked. "Odessa, what are you doing here?"

She stopped about half way in his direction and her eyes darted around the room, not meeting his eyes. "I'm not sure, actually." She admitted, very unsure of herself.

He took in her body language and stopped folding, putting the clothes down on his bed. He furrowed his brows. "Is everything okay?"

Odessa shifted her weight back and forth and stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jean shorts. She shook her head at his words. She was unable to form words.

"Did something happen?"

The corners of her mouth quivered. "Hawk called me a slut." she answered and her stomach turned at the specific word. She rarely ever said it out loud. It was only ever said in her head. It hurt just as much.

Robby's face turned into anger. "He did what?" He asked fiercely.

She shook her head and looked at her shoes.  "Not in exact words, but, basically. I think what he said hurt more than just saying it."

He inched closer to her. "Tell me what happened."

They were inches away from each other, both feeling timorous in each other's presents. Odessa stood with her shoulders hunched over. She took one of her hands that was her front pocket and pulled out the gold chain that had the Medal of Honor clipped to it. She handed it to Robby.

He looked at the Medal of Honor and up at her in disbelief, his brows creasing. "You took it?"

She shook her head. "No, not me. It was Hawk. I found him wearing it."

Robby reached his hand forward and took it in his grasp, his hands brushing against hers. He tilted his head at her, waiting for her to explain.

Odessa rocked side to side, her anxiety increasing. "Our Sensei's took us to the woods for our training today. We played this game where we all wore black or red headbands and we had to take the opposite teams headband from them. Hawk found me walking by myself and he started messing with me. We got into a fight and it started escalating—" she paused and looked up to see him staring at her intensely but quietly. "He brought up you and I at the mall and how you helped me. He started getting angry and accused me of sleeping with you—"