Chapter Thirty.

XXX.                                          Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa rehearsed what she would say to Robby for days now but it all slipped her mind when she got to the prison

      Odessa rehearsed what she would say to Robby for days now but it all slipped her mind when she got to the prison. It took a lot of convincing for her to even show up. She wanted to see him. She didn't want to avoid the conversation. Robby wasn't a bad person. She knew him. But he was alone right now. Nobody deserves to be alone in a situation like this.

When she saw him sitting at a table alone, she got chills. He didn't see her yet because his head was down. The officer told her to go inside. Odessa shuffled her feet and that's when he looked up. Robby's eyes went wide. Her heart broke at the sight of his bruised face. "Hi." She exhaled.

His eyes followed her as she sat across from him. "I didn't think you would come." He spoke.

"Neither did I. But I knew it was the right thing to do."

Robby brought his fists up to his face and covering his busted lip. She eyed his new haircut. "You cut your hair."

He grinned. "Yeah. I did it while I was on the run. Didn't like it being in my face."

Her hands interlocked on the metal table. "How are you?"

"Could be better. Although, I really miss In-N-Out." He joked.

It got her to laugh. "When you get out, i'll buy you all the In-N-Out you want."

Robby reached his hands forward. Though there was no touching allowed, he edged them close enough to where there was only and inch between their fingers. "Odessa. . . I don't want you to have to wait for me." He uttered.

She tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"I saw you, during the fight at school, how you were with Hawk," he started. A nervous feeling bubbled in his stomach. "I see how you are with him. How protective you are. How protective you are of each other. No matter how much he hurts you, you'll always be there for him."

She got teary eyed as he explained himself to her. She didn't know if it was from sadness or embarrassment.

"I was kidding myself for thinking I would be able to compete with what you two have. But I can't. You love him and i'm not mad at you. You deserve to feel all the love in the world and he does love you. Maybe he doesn't know how to show it right now, but he does. I'm so sorry this happened. I just want you to be happy."

"I'm not happy though," Odessa admitted, shaking her head. "I think i'm the farthest thing from happy. I've just gotten really good at hiding it."

Robby desperately wanted to grab her and hold her close to him but he couldn't. He was fighting back the tears.

"I don't blame you for what happened. I did. I spent a lot of time hating you. But I know you and I know it was an accident. You're not a bad person Robby, you've just had a really bad time," she told him. "And even if we're not together, i'll support you. Whatever you need, whether it be visits or emails to talk, i'll be there. You're so tough. Don't let these guys in here push you around."