Chapter Forty Three.

XLIII. Heartbreak Weather

                                             Heartbreak Weather

The scariest thing. about Odessa wasn't when she was mad, it was how calm she acted when she was mad. She bottled up her emotions and kept them locked in her. She got it from her mom. But you could read her face like a book. When she was angry, she didn't act on it, but you could read her face and body language that she was. That's how she was at the drive-in movie. She sat in the bed of Oliver's jeep truck with everyone else. A blanket was around her and Eli snd they sat with their back against the wall. Grayson and Hailey were cuddled on one side with Oliver and Demetri on the other. But she couldn't enjoy it, not with Robby's words still playing in her head.

Eli had noticed her discomfort with him. "Dessi, what's wrong?" He whispered.

"Nothing's wrong." She answered and her EJ's never left the screen.

His eyes watched the side of her face. It didn't faulted or move. She just stared at the screen with a blank expression. "Did I do something?" He questioned.

She scoffed. "You always do something."

He jerked his head back. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Odessa finally looked at him. "Did you bully a little boy at school the other day?"

"What are you talking about?" He quickly asked but he knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Robby said that you and some of the students from our dojos were bullying Kenny the other day at school."

Grayson and Oliver looked at each other.

Eli narrowed his eyes. "Robby? When did you talk to Robby?" He asked and completely changed the subject.

"This isn't about Robby, Eli! This is about you telling me all this bullshit about you wanting to change and be a better person but then I hear that you're acting the same way you used to with a kid younger than us!" She boomed.

Everyone in the bed of the truck was now watching them argue. "Mom and dad are fighting again." Oliver whispered.

Demetri sighed. "Shut up, Oliver."

"You believe Robby Keene over me?" Eli spat at his name. 

"In the moment, yes."

He scoffed and looked at the movie screen again. "Of course you would."

Her jaw dropped open. "Fuck you, Hawk." She sneered and she threw the blanket off her. She hopped out of the truck and stormed off.

"Odessa!" Eli shouted her name.

She flipped him off.

"Uh oh, she only calls you Hawk when she's pissed."  Hailey pointed out.

He closed his eyes in frustration. "Yeah, I gathered that, Hailey."