Chapter Forty.

XL.                                              Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa stood patiently while waiting for Johnny and Daniel to begin training

      Odessa stood patiently while waiting for Johnny and Daniel to begin training. From the corner of her eye, she saw Eli standing alone as well. Her therapy session was hard. It opened her eyes to a lot of stuff she didn't know. In a way, she saw him differently than before. She was more cautious. She didn't know if she wanted to make up with him. Her feelings were changing but she didn't know exactly what they were.

"Ready. Bow." Said Johnny.

Sensei Lawrence and I have the same goal of preparing you for the tournament," Daniel started. 

"But we have different ways of getting you there,"

"We realize that teaching you opposing viewpoints at the same time can be a little confusing. So we've made a decision to divide and conquer."

The students looked at one another, not understanding.

Johnny pointed behind him. "Eagle Fang trains out front,"

"And i'll be back here with the Miyagi-Dos." Said Daniel.

Odessa raised her hand. "How is that going to help us?" She wondered.

"Yeah,  I thought we were stronger working together." Miguel agreed.

"We're still working together." Johnny assured them.

"Just separately." Said Daniel.

". . . On opposite ends of the dojo."

Odessa looked to her right at Hailey. The brunette only shrugged.

"All right. Eagles, follow me." Johnny ordered after a brief awkward silence.

"I have a feeling this isn't going to end well." Grayson whispered to his friends.

"I always feel that way with those two," said Oliver. He looked at his friends gave a two finger wave. "See ya guys."

The Eagle Fangs followed Johnny to the front area. "Fall in!" He hollered. "Hawk, since you're the new Eagle, come on up." He said to Eli.

Eli gave Odessa a a quick glance and bowed. "Yes, Sensei." He responded.

Odessa looked at Johnny suspiciously. "I have a bad feeling about this." She muttered to herself.

"What makes you say that?" Asked Hailey.

When Hawk stepped forward, Johnny leg sweeper him and he fell to the dirt.

"Oh. Yeah, okay, that's bad."

"What the heck?" Eli groaned in pain from the ground.

"Today, we're gonna practice our front sweeps. . .On Hawk." Johnny announced.