Chapter Thirty Eight.

XXXVIII.                                   Heartbreak Weather

      Demetri took the lead on composing a contract to combine the dojos

      Demetri took the lead on composing a contract to combine the dojos. Oliver was proud that he was taking a stand and actually speaking. His influence was definitely rubbing off on him. They were all gathered at the kitchen table. "We're all in agreement that our new combined dojo should train at Miyagi-Do?" Demetri questioned while holding the contact. Before anyone could say anything, he continued, "But deadlocked on a new name, gi design, post-training snacks, and Sensei dispute resolution protocol."

Everyone just looked at each other. "It's a start." Oliver reminded.

Grayson put up a hand. "Im still putting in my vote for Slytherin gis." He spoke.

"Gray, baby, not everyone gets Harry Potter." Hailey told him.

"I do!" Odessa and Bert said at the same time. She smiled at him.

They heard a cat meowing from outside. They turned to their attention to the back door. "Aw, I think your cat wants to come in," Bert said with a smile and went to walk outside. "Here, kitty, kitty." He called out to the animal.

Miguel looked at Sam. "I didn't know you had a cat."

"We don't."

Bert was suddenly thrown threw the kitchen window and onto the floor. Glass shattering everywhere. "Bert!" Odessa exclaimed and pushed out her chair.

Everyone quickly surrounded him. "Bert, what happened?" Miguel urged.

"No cat." The small boy answered in pain. Odessa frowned and helped him up. She brushed all the glass off of his clothes.

Hawk came walking through the door into the kitchen with Kyler and the Cobra Kai's following behind him. Odessa paused what she was doing and stared at them. She looked at Miguel, who had a nervous expression on his face. "It's payback time, Rhea." Kyler taunted.

They all backed away. It was about to get bad and she was preparing herself for it. The front door swung opened and Tory walked in with two other guys. She was wearing Miguel's skeleton jacket. She found herself reaching for Sam's hand and she squeezed it.

"Heard you were throwing a party. Hope you don't mind if we crash." She announced with an evil look on her face.

"Tory, you don't have to do this." Miguel practically begged. 

"It's too late. This ends tonight!" As soon as Tory shouted the words no mercy, all hell broke loose. 

Odessa felt someone pull her hair and drag her backward. She yelped in pain and was spun around. A hard hand came in contact with her face. She glared at the Cobra Kai and kicked him in the stomach, making him fly into the plant that was standing in the corner of the room. She spun around to see another boy coming at her but she did a spin kick and her foot collided with his face. He hit his head on the table.