Chapter Fifty Eight.

LVIII. Heartbreak Weather

                                             Heartbreak Weather

Odessa was stress free when she was with Eli. His affection energy always had a way of digging deep in her bones and making all of the deep thoughts and anxiety she felt daily disappear. He was her safety net. Her light at the end of the tunnel. The very dark tunnel that was her own mind.

Her loud scream echoed when she and Eli slid down the water slide together. She was between his legs and his arms were wrapped tightly around her. They came zooming out the end of the slid and they toppled over each other in the water. She kicked her legs and swam up until her head popped over the water. She giggled loudly when he tackled her back into the water. "I told you that would be fun!" She expressed happily in his face.

"It was. Especially after the fifth time." He agreed with the same happy smile on his face

"Hey, guys!"  They heard Grayson's shout. The couple looked over and saw him standing at the diving board not far from them. Oliver was right behind him. "Check this out!" He ran forward and jumped, doing the flip from Fortnite, and landed right in the pool. Oliver ran right behind him and did the same thing before diving.

"Whoo!" Miguel cheer from the side of the pool.

Odessa laughed out loud and her arms tightened around Eli's shoulders. "What should we do next?" She asked and shifted so that she was in front of him.

"Uh. . ." He trailed and looked around the park. "I'm really not sure,"

"Why don't we go to the Colossal Curl?" She suggested and pointed behind her to where the slide was.

Eli looked over her shoulder and his face stilled slightly. "It's on their side, Dess."

Her face fell as well. "So?"

"Babe—"

"We came here to have fun, Eli. It's a water park." She emphasized and felt her anger level start to rise.

"I know, babe, but you know the deal."

She dropped her arms from him. "You've been terrorized by people like them you're whole life and you're going to still let them control what you do?" She questioned sharply. She scoffed. "Whatever." She started swimming to the edge of the pool.

"Odessa!" Eli shouted but he was ignored. She jumped out of the pool and he watched her walk back to the lounge chairs. He closed his eyes. "Fuck."

Odessa angrily sat down on her chair. Miguel was laid back with his sunglasses on and Sam was still reading her book. Hailey was with Grayson and Oliver at the pool. Hearing her sigh of frustration, both Sam and Miguel looked her way. "What's for your swim suit in a twist?" She asked with an amused smile.

She rolled her head to the side. "I've spent my entire my life being told what I can do by others and now that I'm to a point where I don't give a shit anymore, they're still doing it!" She rambled.