[ 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 ]

tw/cw: mentions drinking

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙  17 .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Technoblade was aged beyond several centuries, which led to a lot of noise in his life but nothing was as peaceful as his retirement home. The snow and a fence kept Overworld mobs out, but nothing in. He didn't care, because, for the first time in years, it was quiet. He took in a deep breath, leaning on the fence post on the small bridge between the two houses. The air was crisp, not too cold but just enough for a simple sweater and his favorite pair of pants. He closed his eyes, enjoying the moment of silence.

After a few minutes, he opened his eyes but Ranboo was next to him, sitting criss-cross and folding some type of flowers together. Their ear twitched and they looked up at Techno, who smiled. Ranboo smiled back and used the fencing to lift themself up. "You cold Techno?" they asked, putting the flowers in their inventory. He shook his head and saw Ranboo's ear twitch. "I promise Ranboo," he saw the younger smile.

"You didn't hear this from me but," Ranboo looked around, as if they were worried about someone listening in, "Phil is planning a surprise birthday party for you!" they whispered excitedly, causing Techno to smile.

"What's going to be at this party?" he whispered, causing Ranboo's heterochromatic eyes to light Up then saddened. "Phil said I can't tell you that," they frowned, and shook their head. "He said that?" Techno raised a brow, causing Ranboo to nod. "Alright, alright." Ranboo nodded again, proud of themself for keeping the secret. Techno smiled at the proudness on Ranboo's face and looked back at the snowy horizon.

The door to the duo's left opened, causing Ranboo to look over and see Philza. They smiled at him, causing Phil to wave. "Morning," he walked next to Ranboo, putting them between the two friends. Ranboo told him good morning and went back to studying the horizon with Techno. "Ranboo, what don't you go and get ready for the day?" Said teen looked up and down at their clothes and their ear twitched in embarrassment, they were still in their pajamas. They nodded and walked towards their house, the one embedded in the mountain.

Phil scooted over next to Techno, who was staring at the snow-covered forest. "Whatcha thinking about?"

"Eros." Phil studied his old friend. The pink in his hair was fading ever so slightly, showing off his brown roots. His hair fell onto his shoulder blades due to the haircut Niki gave him two years prior. There were slight bags under his grey eyes, but that was to be expected whenever his birthday came around. "It's that time of year, and like every year, it's weird not having her."

"And Callisto?"

"Callisto will find me afterward," he hummed and Phil continued to study him. Techno wore his Friendship Emerald as an earring and several small studs lining the edge of his ear. A small scar was hidden under his jawline, a story that Techno never told him.

"If it makes you feel any better," Techno looked at him, "I invited Halo and Foolish to the birthday party I know Ranboo spoiled." Techno laughed as Phil giggled. After he stopped laughing, the pink-haired male groaned.

"Do I have to get dressed?" he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah mate, show up to your surprise birthday party in your sweats," Phil joked, causing Techno to look at him from between his fingers.

"Fine, I'll get ready," he rolled his eyes and left for his house. Techno closed his front door, sliding down it and putting his hands back on his face. Eros. The younger female wouldn't be there again for yet another birthday, which hurt. He would admit to that. He sniffed, trying not to cry. Techno wiped his eyes, then got up. He needed to get ready.