[ 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 ]

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙  17 .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Technoblade woke up with cold sweat in a surprisingly warm house. He moved to the trap door and moved down the ladders to the second floor. He saw Phil and Niki making some type of breakfast with eggs and what seemed to be bacon. He rubbed his eyes as Phil turned around, a plate with toast in one hand, and coffee in the other. He smiled gently at his friend's chaotic state.

"Morning," he handed Techno the plate and set the mug on the table next to them. "Eggs will be ready in a minute, and the bacon," Techno watched as Niki took out the slices of cooked meat and placed them on a plate lined with paper towels, "is apparently done." Phil turned around to grab the plate, only for Niki to snap the tongs in her hand at the blond. He took a defensive position, causing her to laugh.

"Techno," she started, going back to her bacon, "are you ready to spar with me?" Techno finished chewing the bite of toast in his mouth before answering, "If you mean are you ready to get your butt kicked, then yes. You have a preferred weapon?"

"Swords," she hummed, flipping some bacon in the grease. He nodded and took a sip of the coffee Phil put on the table. "What time should we start?"

"Sometime after breakfast, Phil can oversee and ref if needed," he gruffed, feeling fur against his pants leg. He reached down to pick up a puppy from a recent litter. "Hi Kyon," the puppy licked Techno's face, removing any crumbs on his face. He set the puppy down, causing her to run to Niki's feet, hoping for a piece of bacon to seemingly drop. Kyon whined when she realized Niki wasn't paying attention to her.

Techno looked around for the two other puppies from the recent litter (Anubis and Elysium). Phil noticed Techno looking for her brother and sister. "They're a floor down mate," the blond hummed. "They're playing with the foxes or cuddling Steve." Techno nodded in acknowledgment and then sat at the table.

Phil sat on Techno's left and Niki shortly joined them with a bowl full of eggs and a plate of bacon. She sat across from Phil, on Techno's right. They ate in a not-so-silent house (puppies were joyfully barking a floor down and Kyon was whining, pawing at Phil's side). "We can spar with the bamboo staves that I got from that wandering trader," Techno hummed, stuffing his mouth with another forkful of eggs.

"You robbed that trader and then murdered him," Phil muttered, slipping something into his coffee and then taking a strong sip.

"So-so," Techno murmured as he broke up a piece of bacon and "dropped" a piece on the ground. Kyon fell on her stomach trying to reach the piece under the pink-haired male's seat. Niki held back a laugh as she sipped her tea. "So quarterstaff?" He looked at Niki. She nodded. "Alrighty. I'll get the gear. Shed the heavy coat, you'll get overheated." The brown-haired female nodded as she took a bite of toast.

Phil got up, mug in hand, and walked over to the countertop where the coffee maker was. When he was out of supposed earshot, Techno leaned towards Niki, "Will you help me dye my hair? My roots are atrocious." Niki looked at his roots, then nodded.

"They're horrible," she muttered, then took a sip of her tea. Techno let out an offended gasp and Niki chuckled. Phil raised an eyebrow as he returned to the table and the pink-haired male shook his head.

They finished a little bit afterward and cleaned up the kitchen. Techno picked up Kyon and brought her outside with her sibling counterparts. When he went to the back of the house where he saw Phil holding two bamboo quarterstaves. Niki had shed her jacket, revealing a cotton button-down tunic with sleeves. She wore some polyester pants as well as her signature combat boots. Her brown hair was braided, more than likely from Phil.

Anubis and Kyon mindlessly followed Techno while their sister ran to Phil, deciding that the blond man's pants were tasty. Techno bun'd his hair tightly as he got closer to the two. "Ready you two?" Phil asked, holding the quarterstaves close so neither would have a head start. Niki nodded, and so did Techno. "Then move into positions and I'll give you your staves." They moved swiftly, getting into defensive and offensive positions.

Phil waited until the two were in their respective positions, then gave them their staves. "I'll give you the signal," he said, walking away from the pair and onto the small bridge between the houses. "Get ready, in three– two– one." He gave them the signal, waiting for them to start but neither of them moved.

In the spur of the moment, before Phil could blink, Niki lunged at Techno, causing the male to take a step back. She turned suddenly, skidding away in the snow. Techno held the staff in a defensive stance as Niki ran back to him, jumping up and swinging the staff to hit Techno. He hit Niki's stomach, forcing her to move to the left and hit the side of the house. "Dear gods mate," Phil muttered, watching Niki pick herself up and placed her weight on the staff.

Techno watched as she moved back towards him, and swung at his feet. He jumped back, placing his weight on his staff to move backward faster. He tried hitting her once more, only to get blocked by her staff. She forcefully moved the quarterstaves down, and did a reverse kick, ultimately disarming Techno. She whacked his side and he tried to grab the staff, only for her to throw it out of reach.

They circled one another, in defensive stances. Phil watched as the circle was made by their tracks, moments passing before one would hit the other. Niki took a jab at Techno's face, only for him to move his head and grab her arm. He flipped her down and she landed on her back. Scanning his posture, Niki side-swept his calves. He fell on his back, giving Niki enough time to grab her staff and hold it close to his neck. Techno grabbed the pole, flipping the two over so Niki was embedded in the snow. She kneed him where he had gotten a severe bruise a week prior, making his leg weaken and for Niki to wrap hers around his. She flipped them, pushing the pole into his throat. He tapped out and Niki smiled.

Phil helped Techno up, rubbing the bruise on his thigh. "I need to ice that," he murmured and limped back to the house. Phil high-fived Niki and they picked up the weapons, then followed Techno back to the house. "Do you two want to help remodel?" he asked, looking at Niki and Phil. Niki's smile widened.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙  17 .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .