[ 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 ]

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙  20 .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Technoblade was settling down after a peaceful day. A mug of freshly made tea sat on the coffee table and on the couch was his book, borrowed from Eret. He changed into his pajamas, an oversized shirt, and some sweatpants. Thick wool socks covered his feet from the cold wooden floors and a blanket over his shoulders protected his bare arms. He was ready to sit down and read his book, drink some tea and go to bed. But who's night goes exactly to plan?

A knock sounded at the door, causing a very comfortable Techno to move off the couch (blanket still on his shoulders) and answer it. A familiar duck hybrid was about to knock again, causing his arm in the air as Techno studied him. Quackity flushed and moved his arm down, wings fluttering slightly in embarrassment. The older looked at him, confused about why Quackity was on his doorstep but the gears in his mind turned, and just as his mother taught him, he let the younger in. "Come in first, the tundra isn't good for ducks," he hummed, moving out of the doorway and opening the door wider. Shock fluttered on Quackity's face but it quickly went away and he let himself in.

The duck hybrid took in the smell of chamomile tea and a freshly put-out hearth. Techno closed the door, then slid the blanket off his shoulders and onto the couch. "Join me in the kitchen," Techno waved Quackity over to the open kitchen and got down a mug from an upper cabinet. "Do you still like mint tea with a little bit of sugar?" Quackity's wings perked up at the mention of the delicacy, he couldn't remember the last time he had such a drink. He nodded and Techno hummed. He grabbed a flint and steel and relit the hearth. It took a while for a pot of water to boil and during that time, he placed mint leaves and a little bit of sugar into the mug.

Techno finally poured the hot tea into the mug and wiped down any of the water that was on the outside. Quackity sat on the couch not occupied by a book and blanket. Techno handed him the tea and sat on the couch where his book occupied a cushion. He took the blanket off the back of a cushion and placed it over his lap. He grabbed his own tea and took a sip. Quackity replicated the action.

They sat in silence, causing Techno to grab his book and began to read where he left off. Quackity kept sipping his tea, actually enjoying the silence for once. With little chirps and continuous sips of the hot drink, it took a while for the hybrid to actually speak about what was on his mind. Quackity, with a small voice in his head confused about where comfortability came from, set the mug on the table and noticed that Techno was gone. He looked around, brows furrowing, trying to find the male that disappeared from his vision. A sturdy creak came from the ladder a few feet away and a warm blanket was placed over his shoulders (along with a small plop! next to him).

Techno didn't return to his spot but stood by the front doors.

Quackity moved the blanket a little more comfortably on his shoulders, letting it cover his tan-tipped feathers. With a more comfortable spot, the hybrid kicked off his shoes and placed his feet on the couch. It was hard to curl up in slacks, suspenders, and a button-down shirt. He looked over and saw a pair of sweatpants and an open-back shirt. "I keep a t-shirt for Phil for emergencies," he answered Quackity's unspoken question. Quackity hummed. "I'll step out for a second so you can get changed." Quackity looked up from the clothes and set the shirt in his lap, confusion was written all over his face. "We'll talk in the morning," Quackity swore he saw Techno smile before stepping out.

It was only two or three minutes before Quackity opened the front doors and saw Techno pick up a swallow with a note tied to its leg. He brought the bird inside, keeping a window open. He took off the note as Quackity made his way to the couch and returned to his spot. His mug was empty, with mint leaves at the bottom. He frowned at the empty cup and looked at Techno, who was reading the note. Techno shook his head and placed the note in his pocket, then returned to the couch. He ended up noticing Quackity's crestfallen expression before he even sat down.

"Would you like more tea?" he asked, prepared to light the hearth once more. Quackity shook his head. "Alrighty, but you should consider going to bed soon. You look absolutely exhausted, whether you realize it or not." Quackity rubbed his eyes; Techno was right. The hybrid hadn't slept in 36 hours, the extensive planning on the opening of Las Navadas without his best friend (a.k.a his son-like slime) had taken a toll on him and not to mention how long he's been wanting to talk to Techno. There was something in the younger didn't like about this whole situation.

"How do I know you won't kill me when I'm asleep?" he asked, moving his eyes back over to Techno. The other scoffed, "I would've done it by now." Did that help Quackity? Maybe, maybe not. The younger one was too tired to care. He placed the blanket on his lap, letting it drop to the floor to cover his legs. Techno covered himself as well then picked up his book and began to read. Quackity grabbed a pillow off the end of the couch and placed it under his head, stretching his legs and rearranging the blanket. Techno, with memories resurfacing of Eret's and Eros' early days as mother and son, watched over Quackity while he fell asleep.

Early morning came quickly for the two, Techno woke up right before the sunrise and got started on morning chores. Quackity woke up to a lit hearth, a clean coffee table, and another blanket over his shoulders. The smell of bacon and warm milk filled his senses. It wasn't until the familiar noises of a piglin that fully woke up. The events from January flooded his mind. Ranboo's kid.

Quackity looked over the couch and saw Michael sitting at the breakfast table, chewing on a bowl of cereal happily. Techno was nowhere to be found and Quackity dipped his head back down. His wings screamed from being cooped up in one position for hours at a time and when he tried stretching them, they screamed even louder. They stopped after a minute or two of stretching. Michael's little oinks, followed by the noise of a spoon clinking on a bowl only got shorter as Quackity continued to lay on the couch. He got up and walked over to the breakfast table, feathers in disarray.

Michael looked up to see Quackity's wings and oinked in concern. "What's up, little man?" Quackity asked, searching the cabinets for a bowl. He decided to have a bowl of cereal like the kid. He eventually found the Honey Nut Cheerios and a bowl. He made his breakfast and sat next to Michael, who was still staring at Quackity's messy feathers.

"Uncle Quack needs help," Michael pointed at his wings, messy brown and tan-tipped feathers were on top of one another, all in different directions. Quackity was taken back. Ranboo talked about Michael but they never mentioned the fact that the kid calls him uncle. "I help Uncle Quack?" Quackity raised a brow and the piglin smiled. "Zaza lets me help with his wings." Zaza? Who in the absolute– Phil. Philza. Zaza. One of the only other avians on the server. Quackity sighed.

"You want to help little man?" Quackity asked, wings extending slightly to show Michael what he was dealing with. Michael nodded and moved to the chair behind the older. While Michael ran his little hooves through Quackity's feathers, Quackity himself ate breakfast. 

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙  20 .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

its totally saturday when i publish this :D