[ 𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚜 ]

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

The pitter-patter of young children's feet echoed throughout the west wing hallway. The laughter of a little girl and her brother reverberated against ghostly paintings and carved figures. The youthful laughter caused any passerby hybrids to hold onto any loose limbs as the children ran in the hallways, the oldest following his sister.

Eros, the youngest (aged four), ran away from her older brother, Technoblade (aged twelve). They pretended to be pirates or mobs from the Overworld, you could never know between the two. Their shenanigans caused them to be all over the castle, where they ended up in the west wing or the servant's quarters. they weren't permitted in the servant's quarters, but what were skeletons and their withered parts gonna do about it? Nothing. That's what.

Unless you're the Goddess of Death.

Kristin stood at the end of the hall and felt Eros run into her. The four-year-old gasped happily (and loudly) at the sight of her mother. Techno stopped his running at the sight of his mother and sheepishly grinned. "Hi mom," he said as she picked up her curly-haired daughter.

"Hey Protesilaus," she looked at Eros and kissed her forehead. "Eros. What were you playing?"

"Pirates. Or iron golems versus Overworld mobs. I don't know," Eros rambled. "Techie, what were we playing again?" She turned to him excitedly.

"We weren't playing anything dumbnut, you wanted to see the skeleton horses and Tega, remember?" he explained, rolling his eyes at his sister's widened expression.

"Oh yeah! Momma, Momma, come with us to see the skeleton horses! And Tega!" Eros threw her arms in the air, begging her mother to join them. Kristin happily agreed, and Techno led her to the stables.

The family of three made their way through the grounds of the castle and to the stables. The weather felt like a perfect spring day, not too hot, not too cold.

Upon arriving, Kristin put her youngest down. Eros ran to Tega, the head guard who was making her rounds. "M'lady," Tega bowed when she first saw the goddess. The black-haired female waved her off, smiling at the guard's admiration.

Tega, born a skeleton hybrid, is the head guard for The Underworld. Aged 568 years, with several centuries on the job, she's been a personal advisor of Kristin's family for as long as the goddess could remember (even the favorite of one royal four-year-old).

Eros hugged the guard's leg, happy to see one of her favorite people. "What're you doing princess?" Tega asked when she saw her.

"We're going to the stables!" Eros happily said, staring at the hybrid. She gasped, then looked at her mother. "Can Tega come with us, Momma?! Can she please?!"

"That's up to Miss Tega," she told her overly excited daughter.

"I'm not opposed," Tega smiled. Eros let out a happy squeal and grabbed her fleshy arm, then ran towards the stables in the process. Techno and Kristin followed, enjoying Eros's happy yelling as they walked to the stables.

The skeleton horses were in their stalls, each enjoying a new batch of hay to lay on. Eros ran to a horse, sat down, and started running her fingers through its silver mane. The horse lifted its skull off the ground and onto the eight-year-old's lap.

Techno watched as his little sister gently love the animal. For as long as Techno could remember, Eros loved animals and was always gentle to them, it was something he loved about his little sister. He looked at his mother, her long black hair was brushed and she wore a long black, off-the-shoulder dress. She didn't wear her signature hat, which made Techno assume she hadn't left the castle. She only wore the hat whenever she left the Underworld to go to the other realms.

"Techie!" Eros shouted, causing the brown-haired male to snap out of his thoughts. He looked at his little sister, who was smiling big at him. "Come here!" He walked over to her, then sat next to her and listened to his sister's excited rambles about the horse, its anatomy, and everything about it. Tega took this opportunity to move closer to Kristin and she started whispering.

Time passed as they stayed at the stables, which ended up with Eros curling up next to the horse. Techno sat outside the stable, protectively watching his little sister. He saw Kristin and Tega talk to each other in low voices, meaning he couldn't make out anything that they were saying. Tega nodded at something the goddess said, and they walked back to the kids. Kristin smiled at Techno, "She asleep?" He nodded, rubbing his own eyes. "Okay then, I can pick her up and bring her back to the castle if you promise not to fall asleep on me out here." She smiled, causing Techno to smile and nod back.

They made their way back to the castle, Eros in her mother's arms, and Techno walked next to his mother. He held onto her floor-length skirt as they walked across the gardens and back to the grey castle. Tega stayed on the other side of Kristin, keeping a watchful eye out.

Whenever they reached the castle, Tega bowed and returned to her duties. Kristin and Techno walked to the east wing, where the royal chambers were. They walked through the halls, ones filled with portraits and statues. A sleeping Eros stirred as the mother and son found themselves in front of the blonde's room. Techno let go of the black-haired female's skirt and opened the door to the four-year-old's room. Kristin walked in first and set Eros in her bed, then tucked her in. She left the room and took her place on Techno's side. He held her hand.

"What was Miss Tega talking to you about?" he asked as they walked to the kitchen.

"We were talking about important queen things, things that might bore you," she squeezed his hand.

"Mom, I have four years until I have my coming of age ceremony, which means I'm practically an adult!" he told her, a pouting look on his face.

"Yes, I know but you're still four years too young," she reasoned and they made their way out of the east wing. "It's nothing for you to worry about little one."

"Are you sure Mom?" he asked, just to be sure. Kristin nodded and squeezed his hand twice. Anybody in the Lovell family knew that code, I love you with all the stars in the sky (Techno always thought the saying was weird since neither he nor Eros had seen stars).

They entered the kitchen and Kristin sat Techno at a counter with a stool. She opened the freezer and reached in to grab the vanilla and butter pecan. She opened a drawer and got out two spoons, one small, one large. Kristin held out the handle of the second spoon to her son, "Butter pecan or vanilla?"

"Butter pecan all the way," Techno took the spoon and container out of his mother's hands.

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .