[ 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎 ]

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Messenger birds were something Eros didn't like. They were noisy and just plain annoying. It never really helped when it was the only thing that Puffy considered safe for Watcher messages. So when a coal tit entered her office, she could only groan. Her mother left several millennia ago and only sent her messages through crows. Her brother sent letters monthly through swallows and Eret sent his with sparrows. Halo rarely talked to her, and the last time Philza talked to her? It was at the wedding (which made Eros wonder if her mother ever told Techno that she married the avian).

The tit landed on the windowsill, a note tied on its ankle. Eros whistled at it to sit on the perch on her desk. It flew up off the windowsill and landed on the aforementioned perch. Eros took the letter off its leg and read it. Tommy Innit looks like you but male. Died about five minutes ago, take him in. Raccoon hybrid. Eros' brows furrowed and dismissed the red bird. She got up from her desk and left the room, her steps becoming quicker with every passing second.

Hallola, Eros' guard, followed suit as the blonde left the castle. "Your Majesty?" the guard yelled after her. Eros made a point that she wasn't stopping as she made her way through the fields of the dead and towards the gates of the Underworld. Cerberus happily licked her hand and she scratched all three pairs of ears.

"Tommy Innit?" she asked the wither skeleton hybrid that was checking in the poor souls. The skeleton hybrid nodded, then showed her the clipboard and pointed at the name. "Elysium?" Her brows furrowed then her face morphed into realization. She quickly thanked him and hurriedly ran to the flower field. "Tommy?!" she yelled at the blond. The twenty-something turned around. She waved him over.

"Who're you?" he sneered, then saw the crown and the personal guard. "So sorry Your Highness." He bowed quickly, then Eros dismissed his bow.

"Please rise," she smiled. "A friend has asked for a favor and now I'm taking you to the castle." His eyes widened.

"Ma'am, I don't think I'm allowed there," he churred.

"Nonsense, a friend of Puffs is a friend of mine," she smiled softly and held her hand out. Tommy's eyes widened at the familiar name, then nodded. "That's good, let's go." He took her hand.

Whenever they entered the castle's walls, Tommy felt his body materialize more naturally. "This is so pretty," he complimented the quartz walls, fingers dragging along the engravings. "You can thank my mother for that," she smiled and led him to the south wing where the infirmary was at. "I'm going to have a doctor look you over, is that okay?"

"Uh, yeah, I don't mind," he hummed, knowing how beat up he looked. They entered the infirmary and the servants bowed at the female's presence. She waved them up. "Doctor Reza?" she asked, voice echoing throughout the room. A lady with red hair exited her office and walked over to Eros. "Reza, Tommy. Tommy, Reza," she introduced the two. "He's here on the behalf of Puffy." The doctor nodded. "Recently died. Needs a check-up." Reza clicked her tongue.

"How recent?"

"Twenty minutes recent," Eros took off her fluorite crown and placed it on the bed next to her.

"Does Protesilaus or Callisto know?" Reza asked, eyebrows raised. Eros shook her head. "Will they know?" Eros shook her head again. "Alrighty then. Tommy, if you follow me, we'll get started on your check-up." Reza smiled and Tommy nodded. He followed her to a back room. Eros took a seat by the bed she had thrown her crown on.

Forty minutes passed slowly, and Tommy returned with a new set of clothes and a partly bandaged face. Reza smiled and handed him two vials of an orangey potion. Eros got up and placed her crown back onto her head. "Everything go okay?" she asked, fixing her crown and her rings. Tommy nodded. "Is there anything I need to know Doc?"

"He needs to take these potions every six hours," she told Eros. "I only gave him two vials, for now, just to see how he does. Is he staying in the east wing?"

"I was thinking either Protesilaus' room or Callistos'," she hummed.

"The guest room?" Reza raised her brow once more. Eros gave the redhead a knowing look. "Right. Alrighty then, I shall see you Tommy in about twelve or thirteen hours. Heal safely."

"Yes ma'am," and he followed Eros to the east wing. "If you don't mind me asking, who are Protesilaus and Callisto?" He walked close to her side, watching for her dress.

"Protesilaus is my brother and Callisto is my son," Tommy stopped walking for a brief moment. "Tommy?" Eros stopped and Tommy ran back to her side. "Is there something wrong?" They resumed walking.

"You just– uh, look too young to have a kid," he confessed, tips of his ears turning red. Eros smiled softly.

"I stopped aging at twenty-four," she hummed and Tommy tilted his head in confusion. "I'm immortal. I'm well over several millennia old. I never had my kid, I adopted him. I was sixteen."

"Is he gone?" Tommy asked.

"Oh Enders no," she shook her head. "He's living his life in the Overworld with his uncle and friends." Eros opened the doors to the east wing. "What room would you be comfortable in? I know I told Reza you would stay in one of their rooms but it's completely up to you." Tommy scanned the four doors, eyes eventually landing on the fourth.

"Whose room is that?" he asked and Eros opened the door.

"That would be my old room, I moved to the queen's quarters," she answered. "You can sleep there if you want. I don't mind."

"I was hoping you say that," he whispered then walked in. "I– uh, might go to sleep. Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Just Eros Tommy," she gave him a curt nod.

"Thank you, Eros."

"If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask okay? You ask a servant or guard where I am and they'll lead you to me," she held her hand out and he shook it.

"Might take you up on that offer Eros," it was his turn to give her a curt nod. With that, she turned on her heel and left for her office.

It wasn't until hours later that (what she believed to be) a guard was frantically knocking at the double doors of Eros' office. She let them in and the worried faces of several guards made her stand up in confusion. The guards looked out of breath, meaning that they came from a different wing. The gears started turning in her brain and she began running towards the east wing.

She busted through the thick old doors of her old bedroom where she found Tommy crying in the old bed. She sat on the mattress, making the dip noticeable enough so he could focus on something. Tommy, with his eyes full of tears, reached for Eros' gown and when he got ahold of the fabric, he pulled her close. She moved over so it would be more comfortable for him. She dismissed the guards, keeping Tommy close as he cried.

With her back to the wall and Tommy crying into her shoulder, the only thing she could think of was protecting this child. He may be in his twenties but gods this was a kid. Hallola gave her everything she knew about Tommy's living life. The kid was a soldier in traumatic wars. Eros knew she wanted to give this kid a happy afterlife, and so did Puffy. Puffy was to blame for all of this, not in a negative way but in a positive way.

"Eros?" he whispered between sobs. She hummed in response. "There's something you should know." Eros hummed again. "I was murdered and he has a revival book." Eros moved her hand from his upper back to his hair. She combed through his blond locks as her face furrowed into anger but she made sure he didn't see. "I think he's going to revive me, Eros. Back to there." She hummed, gently twisting a curl around her pointer finger and her angry expression melted into a sad one. "And he goes to take all of this away! It's safe here, Eros." She moved Tommy closer and Tommy squeezed the fabric in his hands.

"It's alright baby," she whispered. "It's alright. I'll always be here, no matter what."

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

tommy and eros' conversation won't make sense unless you were told her original character design and story (i'll do that at the end of the story)

n e ways, go follow the tiktok: awb0oo, the first video comes out right after you're done reading this :D