The end

Darcy's POV

"Jake... Have you heard from them yet?" I managed to ask my little brother in between sobs.

"No, nothing yet. Uncle Niall said that they were going to be fine though. That mom and dad are together and that's what they've always wanted." Jake replied trying to push back the tears.

I couldn't believe what he had just said... How could this be what they've always wanted? They wanted to leave Jake and I all alone? They wanted to.... die on the same day? I fell back into the hospital's chair again and picked up my legs and pressed them into my chest so that I was curled up into a little ball. They needed to be okay... They couldn't just leave us here behind all alone...

My thoughts continued to ramble on until I heard someone approaching me. I looked up and saw a young doctor, maybe in his mid twenties approaching my brother and I. "Hello... Are you Darcy and Jake Styles?" He asked with a serious face. Oh my god! This was it... He was going to tell us our parents had passed. I thought about telling him that we weren't Darcy and Jake Styles, just so that I could have a few more moments of hope, of thinking that they still have a chance of making it out of this.

"Yes. That's us." I spoke before I knew what I was doing.

"I'm Dr. Baker. Your parents would like to see both of you." He said with a small reassuring smile.

"What? They would like to see us?" I asked breathing again. They were okay!

"Yes. They're in room 411." Dr. Baker said as he turned around and left.

Hmm... Room 411... for some reason that number sounded extremely familiar, but I didn't know why. I grabbed Jake's hand and headed for the elevator.

"Are you ready for this lil' bro?" I asked trying to fill the silence. He just nodded his head and continued to stare straight forward.

Once the elevator's doors opened we both hesitated before making our way out. We held hands as we walked down the hallway searching for room 411.

We finally saw it at the end of the hall. At this point I was anxious. I just wanted to see them and hold them and tell them that I loved them very much. I began picking up my pace and so did Jake. When we finally reached the door I opened it just a little bit. Then Jake opened it the rest of the way.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked not wanting to look into the room just yet.

"Yes honey, we're in here." Mom reapplied, her voice cracking ever so slightly.

Jake and I both ran in. I looked at our parents laying down on the hospital cots. They were so young... They were way to young to be in this position. They were only 47 years old. They hadn't even lived half their life. How could both of them obtain cancer at the same time?

I was only 24. And Jake was barely 21, we're too young to lose our parents. I grabbed by moms hand and Jake grabbed our dad's hand.

"Hey kids. We're really sorry. We never meant to hurt you or put you through this kind of hurt. It pains me seeing you like this. I love you guys. Just know that." Dad said softly.

"Hmm.... So Darcy... How are you and Aiden?" Mom asked trying to lighten the mood.

"Aiden and I are doing great. I love him a lot. He's the best." I said holding back tears and forcing a smile upon my lips.

"Well that's goo-" my mom began to say but Jake cut her off. "Mom. Please. Please just stop. We can't pretend like everything is okay. The doctors have been saying that you guys most likely aren't going to make it sat the night!" Jake began to barely whisper but my the end of it he was screaming. He had tears streaming down his face. He had managed to stand up and was now by the foot of their cot.

Our parents had blank expressions on their faces. They just stared at Jake for a couple of seconds before reacting. "Jake, we're sorry. We know this is really hard. We just thought that the last memory you guys should have of us should be one of us laughing and having a good time. Not one of us in pain.... We're sorry." Mom said as she squeezed dad's hand.

Jake was sobbing. He slowly made his way over to dad's side and just engulfed mom and dad into a big hug. I joined in after a little bit, also allowing the tears that had accumulated in my eyes to set loose.

My parents flat lined later that day. 9:02 pm to be exact.

The end....

I'm sorry!!! I know the ending is really bad. But honestly, I had no clue what else to write for it :(

I'm sorry you guys.

However.... If you think of a better way to end this story and you want to write it, then do so! Just tell me and I'll read it and I'll post it on here as an alternative ending.

Well I love you all!!! And OMG! This is my first actual "book" that I have completed! It's been a wonderful journey and a marvelous adventure.

Thank you guys so much! You guys rock.

I love y'all!!!

xoxoxo

-Milena (Juliet) <3