Chapter 7: Honeymoon

That night you laid there wide awake as In-ho was asleep. You were exhausted yourself but unable to fall asleep, processing the day's events. The anxiety of finding the intruder, finding In-ho injured, and keeping it all from the host and VIPs weighed on your mind.

As In-ho slept, you studied his features, curled up to his side with your head on his shoulder and his arm lazily draped around you. Last time you were this close to him, he was threatening to push you over the edge of the cliff. The same spot where he was shot.

You wondered how everything went down with the intruder. Clearly they were dead now, but you found it odd that the second gunshot that killed the intruder happened so long after the first one that injured In-ho. What happened in the time between? Why didn't he shoot immediately?

You thought back to In-ho looking at the intruder's police identification. How did they know to come here? And why was In-ho so upset about it? There's protocol for dealing with intruders, so it must have happened in the past, but he seemed really shaken by it.

These questions swirled in your mind as you observed him. He looked peaceful, something you hadn't seen in a while. In addition to everything else going on you were still reeling from finally kissing him, the both of you finally giving in to your desires. Everything you wanted finally came to fruition, but you still felt... unsure. You were both still up against so much.

You went to cover the two of you with a blanket when you noticed his shoes were still on. You carefully removed them and set them on the floor. As you settled back next to him, covering him with the blanket, he stirred in his sleep, pain evident on his face. You thought it was his wound, but he began to repeat the word "why" over and over again in his sleep.

"Why? Why? Why?" He began to breathe faster, almost as if he was about to cry.

You rested your hand on his cheek and turned his head towards you, attempting to wake him up calmly. He jerked his head away from you, more distressed than before.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-"

"In-ho, wake up."

"Brother.. I'm so sorry." He grimaced and let out a pained sigh.

"In-ho, wake up." You lightly shook his uninjured shoulder.

He jolted awake and looked at you in shock, catching his breath.

You touched his face again, filled with concern. "It's okay. You're okay."

He looked at you and sighed, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. He roughly pulled you close to him, your head settling in the crook of his neck.

You stayed silent, pondering his words. Brother?

After a few moments, he sighed and held you tighter. "Y/n."

"Hm?"

"You're..." he swallowed, "you're all I have now."

You lifted your head up. His head was still leaning back. You caressed his cheek and leaned his head towards you.

You looked him in the eye. "Okay."

He looked at you with a pained expression like before. "I'm sorry for that."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Don't be."

"I'll ruin you. I ruin everything."

"Then do it. That's what I want."

He stared at you with a pitying look and sighed, leaning forward to kiss you on the forehead. Your heart felt like it was about to burst. You leaned on his shoulder, falling asleep together.