Ratings, Content Warning(s) and a Quick Summary

Maturity Rating: PG-13

Content Warning:

Grief/Depression (death of Blitzen's father)

Abuse (Hearthstone's backstory)

Fantasy violence (Nothing graphic. No one gets decapitated with a clay cutter.)

Content: Action and Adventure. Reluctant people forced to work together for a common goal. Strangers to... 

Word Count: 80,000+

Summary: 

Blitzen is alone. All of Nidavellir, the underground world of dwarves, laughs at him as he grieves the death of his father. On the night of his lowest moment, the cavern ceiling slices open and spits out a being of light -- a deaf and dying elf who dabbles in rune magic. The two of them are haunted by their pasts. Their only hope of moving forward lies with finding the severed head of Mimir, the god of wisdom and knowledge. But the path to reach him will be dangerous and inhospitable. Can an eye-rolling elf and an irritable dwarf work together to reach what they most desire? Or will they fall short of realizing what matters most in the end?

Author's Notes:

(This story is also on AO3 under "welshaphrodite" if you prefer to read there instead.)

Welcome back to the Nine Worlds! I am so glad to have you here. This idea has been stuck in my head since November of 2021. It is the story of two people who, at their lowest moments, find one another. I have been writing it down ever since. I hope that you enjoy reading their story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. That is all I have to say, so au revoir! Happy trails! Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Author's Note: I wanted to make all readers aware that I am not deaf, nor a part of the Deaf community. Read this story with a skeptical eye. Due to my lack of knowledge of d/Deaf experiences, it is highly likely that there are unrealistic situations within this story. I have done some research, but that is no substitute for lived experiences. Know that I am constantly learning new information and editing published chapters in order to fix my mistakes.

*Again, read with a skeptical eye.*

If you are a part of the Deaf community, see inauthentic situations involving Hearthstone, and have the time and energy to do so, please let me know. I would love to get your feedback. Thank you!