Chapter 128

Chapter 128: An Escort's Outlook (1)

[]Third Person's POV []

There was a seven-year-old young boy, living a very peaceful life blessed of happiness alongside the warmth within his family's embrace.

He was the first and only son of a lowly Barony, granted of the last name 'Faremanne', and inherited his grandmother's beauty mark onto his left cheek as he likewise captured his father's features by the color of his hair and eyes.

He lived a fairly satisfying life except for the bitter experiences of the challenging authorities within the social world that they lived in.

For they lied at the lowest rank of nobility, it was a natural setting for them to never cross their bounds before the people that they should lower their heads toward. Much less, could they refute the specific wishes of a certain duke who could stand beside the Imperial Majesty, in that one letter that arrived by their modest household one day.

The letter highlighted an invitation to a renowned young lady's birthday celebration, staged beyond the gates that surrounded the honorable Shevaria mansion.

Although the young boy's parents were hesitant to accept the sender's will by bringing their only son on such an eminent event which was likely brimming of aristocrats of higher standing, by the consideration of the boy's choice, they thoroughly ended up setting their feet onto the said dukedom's grounds.

The boy known as Aiden Faremanne has made his debut among the higher nobles, showered by ill-spoken words that wondered how he managed to creep upon that magnificent party beside his mother, who momentarily left him alone for some issue.

At the center of the menacing stares that took lightly of his worth, all he could do was endure his tears as he trembled slight with hands clenched. It was then that he helplessly began to assume that he must've been invited in this event, either to learn his own place from the due opportunity...

Or to serve a charade meant for the amusement of the people in that place.

Being taught that he shouldn't unleash his fangs at the reflection of others' eyes before they could enter that celebration, he could only swallow the rebelling words that lied at the tip of his tongue.

However, the him by that moment was but a child, naïve and flawed, compared to a grown man's inner characteristics. Which was why, there was a limit to how he could bear everything as he stayed still in such a manner.

But thankfully, before the meter within him reached its peak, a voice that emphasized a different expression toward himself has reached his ears.

"Aiden Faremanne......?"

The boy slowly raised his tilted head along the passing wind that fiercely swayed their hairs.

A mystical feeling of nostalgia and crestfallen yearning immediately rushed into his chest, the moment he laid his eyes at the figure of the girl before his presence.

He was left frozen for a while, in awe of the odd sensation that they've already met somewhere else, in a different way from this one time. And looking back to how she actually spoke of his full name, he took this chance to be direct to ask.

"U-umm...", he stuttered at first, having the awareness that he was about to converse with a person of a higher standing, despite the fact that she was known to be the fake lady of Shevaria according to the rumors.

"Lady Sherryl."

"What might it be, Sir Aiden?", she gently responded, to his surprise.

"How does Lady Sherryl know of my name...?", he meekly spoke, still, as he knew that letting his guard down could bring troubles in many ways.