8

"So...how is it? You like it?"

"Hmm...not too spicy."

"See? I told ya. This brand is not spicy at all."

Xie Lian got up from his seat and went into the kitchen to grab himself a glass of water. It was too spicy. Wei Wuxian had brought some tacos which were hellishly spicy. He was able to eat them licking his fingers but Xie Lian couldn't. They were too spicy for any normal human being.

"Hey. Where do you think shen Qingqiu has gone?"

"How would I know? I was asleep at that time. He went out telling you right?"

"Yeah but... this much time is more than enough for just a stroll."

It was already late in the evening and still shen Qingqiu was not back yet. He didn't even tell them where he was heading to. They tried to call him but he didn't answer the call.

It was now late at night and they both started to worry. They have been continuously trying to call him but never once did he answer this whole time.

"Fuck this bastard. At least he should have told us where he was going."

Wei Wuxian was now frustrated. When shen Qingqiu would be back, he would definitely smack his head off his body.

"Let's keep trying." On contrary, Xie Lian was calm and composed as ever. He would rarely get angry, but was now worried.

Wei Wuxian asked; "does he have any other friends besides us?"

On that, Xie Lian thought and remembered that he knew Lan Wangji, Hua Cheng and Luo Binghe besides both of them. And Hua Cheng had recently given him Luo Binghe's address. He instantly called Hua Cheng for help.

"Yes gege?"

"San Lang... could you ask your friend Luo Binghe if shen Qingqiu was there with him. We tried calling him but he won't answer and we don't have Luo Binghe's phone number."

"Sure. Give me a minute. I'll call you back."

He hung up the phone and called Luo Binghe.

"Did shen Qingqiu visit you?"

'Yes. Why?'

"Gege and his friend were worried because he didn't return back. So I'll tell them not to worry since he is with you."

'Wait wait wait... Qianbei isn't back yet? But he left for like an hour ago. How could he not be back yet? Did they try calling him?'

"Yes. But gege said he didn't answer."

'Wtf. I'm coming there.'

"Okay. Come at gege's, 3rd floor. I'll be there."

'Yes'

He hung up, grabbed his coat and went out. It was cold outside but he didn't care. Luo Binghe started running. Faster and faster as if his life depended on it. Soon he reached the 3rd floor and knocked the door. It was the owner of the room who made space for him to enter.

"Is Qianbei not back yet?" Everyone could see that Luo Binghe was worried more than anyone in this room. He asked as he gasped hard for breath.

"No. His phone is now switched off." Xie Lian replied worriedly.

"Its late. He should have been back until now. Let's go search for him." Wei wuxian suggested and all agreed. Everybody grabbed their coats. Xie Lian lent hua Cheng one as he didn't brought any with him and with this they went out of the dormitories in front of the grocery shop on the junction.

"Let's split. It would be easier to find him then. Luo Binghe you search over there." He pointed towards the deserted road behind the grocery shop. "I'll go here" he pointed at the road opposite to the shop. "And you two search over here." Wei wuxian commanded. They all went on to search.

Opposite to the shop, there was a main road which led to heavy traffic. Just for being safer than sorry, Wei Wuxian went into that traffic. He searched every single bus stop, every single shop which was located in the 2km radius from their dorm but he couldn't find him.

Behind the shop, that set of streets led to a maze of streets with which Luo Binghe was not familier much. Above that, these street had no street lights nor any passerby whom he could ask about shen Qingqiu. Those were totally deserted streets which gave a chill straight through his spine. He felt fear. Not for him being alone but for shen Qingqiu, he wished he could find his Qianbei as soon as possible. Afterall he was alone in the cool weather. As he was going deeper and deeper into that maze, his anxiety level increased bit by bit.

When he was about to ascend further, he heard some disheveled heavy breathings. He followed that weak noise and found the person he was desperately searching for.

Shen Qingqiu sat on the corner of the street beside a pole. He was curled up as a shrimp and was shivering in cold. The instant Luo Binghe saw this, he ran towards him making no more delay and squated down in front of him. With a worried face, frowned eyebrows, he bit his lip seeing him like this and then said gently yet worry flowing through his voice;

"Qianbei... what happened? How have you become like this?"

Shen Qingqiu was injured. He had a thin stream of crimson running down his forehead. His nose and lips bleeding. The back of his hand was scratched, his elbow was bleeding, his pant was torn a bit from the corner. He looked awful. And above all that, the cold making all his wounds freeze and stiffen so that he could not move a muscle. He manged to mumble while quivering;

"I-it hurts."

Luo Binghe immediately took off his coat and carefully wrapped it around shen Qingqiu. He grabbed him by his waist and pulled him up to stand. He carefully took his hand and placed it round his own neck and then while bending down, he picked shen Qingqiu on his back. Shen Qingqiu was not in fully conscious state. He didn't even know who was carrying him but somehow, he felt safe with this person. Soon he allowed himself to fall deep into the slumber.