16

"Gege! Gege...gege please open the door gege. Gege I want to explain gege."

Hua Cheng started with knocking the door lightly but then ended up almost banging the door. If still Xie Lian refused to open the door, Hua Cheng would seriously cry for him. But Xie Lian inside of his apartment was lying on his bed trying to ignore the banging sounds and desperate calls from the only person who he sincerely loved with his heart. He didn't want Hua Cheng to find out that he cried and also didn't want him to know that he cared about what that girl just said to him. He didn't want to face him. Xie Lian also wanted to open the door for him and give him a tight hug but he was afraid of getting hurt again. He wanted to hear his explanation but at the same time not to so that his hopes won't rise. He feared that if something like this happened again, he would get even more hurt than before.

The banging on his door was gradually fading. But the despair voice of the person was clearly audible.

"Gege... I'm sorry I never told you about her. I was not ready. Gege.... please open the door gege. Gege...."

It was not easy on Xie Lian either. He could not ignore anymore and again the streks of tears started to make their way down from the corner of his eyes, making the pillow wet. He shut his eyes, took a deep breath and stood up as he exhaled. He slowly went towards the front door and turned the knob. The person other side must have heard this and he carefully pushed the door open and got inside before the owner locks the door again. He looked at Xie Lian who had a few fine wet trails of tears on both of his cheeks.

"G-gege" Hua Cheng suddenly hugged him tight into his arms. Xie Lian didn't move a muscle. His face was hidden in Hua Cheng's wide chest, his hands hanging low and his eyes wide open as if he didn’t anymore care whatsoever happens. Hua Cheng gently caressed Xie Lian's hair and patted his head. His voice was soft and gentle as streaks of tears falling from his eyes.

"Gege... I'll explain everything." He took Xie Lian's head away from his chest and cupped his cheeks with his hands. "Gege...you must believe me." He then held Xie Lian's hand and raised it to his lips. He gently planted a kiss on the back of his hand and after a long time, Xie Lian spoke up first;

"Hua Cheng...stop doing this." He said this without looking into the other’s eyes. His face and complexion were pale. He wore no expression on his face while saying those words and retracted his hand back. Hua Cheng easily let go of that hand, but what hit him the most was.....that it was the first time, Xie Lian had called him Hua Cheng. It felt as if he was gradually losing the person standing in front of him.

It was as if the more he tried to grab his lover tightly, the more he was getting away from him. Hua Cheng stepped back, and staggered a bit. He held onto the kitchen counter to hold his balance. Water still continuesly flowing from his eyes. He asked gently, his voice low and carried despair;

"Will gege not g-give me a chance to explain?"

It was the first time in a long interval Xie Lian slowly moved his eyes from the floor and gazed into those pitch black eyes. He said expressionlessly;

"What is there to explain? If she is your fiance then she is. There is no need to talk about this anymore."

"B-but gege..."

"You already knew that there was never a chance for us to take this relationship seriously. But you still gave me hope."

"I-I want..." he shook his head to convince the other person but each time he was cut short in his speech.

"No need....no need to explain anymore." Xie Lian raised his hand and made a gesture for Hua Cheng to stop. "There is no use now." He then inhaled with his eyes closed and uttered a few light words. It was very light but Hua Cheng could not hear them any more clear.

"Let's end this here." He then slowly raised his head to meet Hua Cheng's eyes. At that moment, as if seeing Hua Cheng's uncontrollably flowing tears, his eyes warmed up too. Hearing this, Hua Cheng fell on his knees. He held the other’s trouser tightly in a grip not wanting to let him leave. He raised his face up and stared back at those teary eyes and he sobbed, "gege?!"

He sniffed and held Xie Lian's hands. He gripped them tightly and cried again, "I- I'm sorry gege. Please don't say this. I love you. I love you so much gege. Please" he uncontrollably cried when saying those words and then finally his head couldn't bear the weight of his tears and he bent down.

Xie Lian was speechless and only stared at the front. When he felt the other person tightening his grip on his hands, A streak fell through from his face down on the other’s hand and he uttered; "You're hurting me."