chapter 16| t o r t u r e

____________________________________3rd person pov

3rd person pov...

"sunghoon why do you care so much?!"

sunghoons eyes quickly opened. he was hyperventaling and drenched in sweat. sunghoon sat up in pure confusion. he's never had a nightmare before.

well, when he was younger yes. but he's never had them now. but that voice he heard. it sounded so familiar to him. sunghoon sighed as he looked around noticing that it was still dark.

the boy quietly got up and made his way over to the bathroom. he washed his face over and over again. the boy stared at himself in the mirror. for all his life he felt like something a part of him was missing.

he always had a feeling that deep down inside him something about his lifestyle wasn't right.

but that's because he was lost. he was blinded.

after that night hyejin passed away something shifted in the world that included the concept of time, time travel, and the different dimensions of the universe.

sunghoon and the rest appeared in hyejins time now. but, they came into the new world not remembering anything about them being prince, meaning that they also forgot about hyejin.

they entered the world as normal teenage boys. it was like they had a life here and grew up in the modern world. their mother, queen arin remained the same. except this time she's not a queen anymore. she's just a regular single mom who agreed to adopt seven boys.

but here's the thing, since the boys mother, arin is a witch. she still is a witch due to it being the family tradition and making a promise to keep the whole generation of her family witches.

meaning, arin still knows everything.

meaning that arin already knew about hyejin before she even met her back when she was a queen in that dimension.

arin knew about hyejin ever since the beginning. she knew hyejin was going to come around. but what arin didn't know was that the whole situation of time and of multiverses and dimensions would get all mixed up after hyejin was killed.

what confused her though was that none of the boys remembered anything. she thought they'd all remember everything.

the whole change from mid evil times to modern time took a toll on her. she didn't expect the huge and sudden change but all she knew is that this had to do with hyejin and the events changing.

but anyways, it also wasn't just sunghoon who felt unsure and lost about his life. his brothers as well. niki, jay, heeseung, jungwon, jake, and sunoo all felt like a part of them was missing. they felt like something was off about everything and themselves.

sunghoon made his way out the bathroom and back into his room. sunghoon flinched not expecting to see his younger brother sunoo sitting crisscross on his bed.