chapter 31| t h e s t a r t o v e r

____________________________________[hyejins pov]

[hyejins pov]

i look down at her hand with hesitation.

what if she's trying to trick me just like her sister did? is she going to kill me? wait am i even alive!? or dead!? i am so confused...

"i know you're confused hyejin...but trust me, i'll tell you everything.." said arin as she sent me a calm look.

i bite the inside of my cheek. my hand slowly hovers over rains and in a second my hand is on her. arin softly holds my hand and the walls of the blank room were in changed into a forest setting.

"what is this place?" i question looking around.

"nabi forest, my childhood home.." said arin as a small smile formed on her face.

"it's beautiful.." said hyejin as she looked at the scenery.

"yes, it was...but, guess who destroyed it?" questioned arin as she looked at hyejin. the girl let out a small shaky breath when suddenly she heard a group of girls arguing.

"is this...a memory?" questioned hyejin as she suddenly saw a teenage areum and arin walking outside.

"YOURE STUPID HUSBAND KILLED SOMEONE INNOCENT! OF COURSE IM GONNA BE UPSET! ESPECIALLY AT YOU!" exclaimed areum.

"I CANT CONTROL MY HUSBAND! I CANT DO ANYTHING AREUM!" argued arin.

"those four werewolves...k, taki, nicholas, and ej...my husband, the king...killed their mother. areum witnessed everything. she took care of them. but, she changed." explained arin in a sad tone.

hyejin watched as the memory changed. this time areum was tied down onto a table, "NO! PLEASE! PLEASE STOP!"

"i'm sorry areum, but you do not deserve the power of time, not after what you did." said the mother of the girls.

"ARIN! ARIN PLEASE! ARIN HELP ME! PLEASE! MOM I DIDNT MEAN TO!" cried areum. suddenly the mother lifted up her hand and a light blue light started floating out of her body.

"ARIN!" cried areum.

"areums powers for taken away because she attempted to go back in time to kill my husband. we had to stop her because it would mess up the time line of events and it would just...ruin everything especially since he was a king.." explained arin.

"wait so...she had...my powers?" i question.

arin nodded, "yes, which is why she drove into insanity. she became jealous seeing someone younger than her having the power of time. she saw it as her perfect opportunity to ruin your life and to get the powers back. but, she failed..again.."